Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Barry Callebaut Group Recruitment 2020.
Job Title: Remediation Officer
- Coordinating the roll-out of the Child-Labour Monitoring and Remediation System in defined farmers groups in Ghana. Oversee the training of field enumerators, coordinate community awareness-raising sessions and ensure timely data collection.
- Aggregate, review and analyse the data collected to be presented in comprehensive reports.
- Document lessons and coordinate the development of recommendations for sustainable child labour remediation.
- Maintain working relationships with partner company and all stakeholders on child labour projects; engage in coalition building and public-private partnerships promotion.
- Oversee the programme budget and ensure all financial activities are carried out in accordance with annual budget allocations and Barry Callebaut’s policy.
- Maintain close communication with donor/clients, regularly reporting formal review sessions and provide ongoing and informal updates of program progress.
- Undertake regular field visits to different project locations in order to assess progress, identify implementation problems, advocate for consensus building and take corrective measures.
- BSc. in International Development, Management, Social Science, Human Rights, Education, Economic Development, Law, Public Policy or another related field of study.
- 5 years’ working experience in implementing child protection programmes, preferably aimed at combatting child labour and improving livelihoods in Ghana/West Africa.
- Ability to speak Akan languages including Asante Twi and Fante.
- Good knowledge of social, economic and political context governing child labour issues and analysis in developing countries.
- Experienced in project leadership in implementing development projects relevant to international children’s issues, labour issues, and company supply chain compliance programs.
- Experienced with public-private partnership building, working with labour unions and workers groups specifically in the cocoa-growing sector.
- Experienced working with local and international private firms to address child labour in supply chains; managing projects supported by the private entities or similar donor agencies
- Good knowledge of US Government regulations, policies, and procedures or an equivalent complex international government funding organization.
- Proven supervisory skills overseeing the work of multi-disciplinary technical teams, including livelihoods, vocational training, leadership, social protection and monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to manage a diverse team of professionals, good interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Willingness to stay and work in field locations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 3rd January 2020.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED