At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry.
As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry.
We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product.
We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate.
We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future.
We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
The position is embedded in Barry Callebaut Ghana local Direct Sourcing Team, who reports to the Sector Manager.
The District Manager would focus on Barry Callebaut policies and procedures to ensure purchase of good quality Cocoa as per QCC standard, adequate and proper storage and timely evacuation to Port.
- Ensure seed funds allocated to the district are solely used for the purchases of quality Ghana cocoa only;
- Ensuring disbursement of seed fund to Purchasing Clerks for stocks only delivered to the depot in line with company’s policy.
- Recruit and supervise purchasing clerks and other district staff.
- Ensure proper records keeping on all seed fund transaction and ensuring receipt of equivalent stocks; records all company’s assets / tools of trade and their proper usage and maintenance
- Ensuring proper books of accounts for all societies (i.e. Society waybills, monitors, ledger etc.)
- Responsible for rejections at the port and daily reconciliation of purchase and evacuation
- Ensure timely submission of daily reports (SMS) to the head office;
- Responsible for losses at the district level.
- Submission of signed weekly returns / reports as well as end of season report to the head office (hardcopy);
- Ensure timely payment and submission of farmers bonuses and commission vouchers etc, to the Head Office as required;
- Co-operate with the Monitoring Team; develop and implement strategies to enhance the image and the performance of the company;
- 3 -5years’ experience in the cocoa bean sourcing industry of Ghana in a similar role is an added advantage.
- HND/ BSc in Accounting or any business relevant field of study.
- Ability to understand the concept of profitability and the commercial angle in relation to the cocoa supply chain.
- A year experience in the financial sector will also be an added advantage.
- Must be able to develop and implement strategies to enhance the image and the performance of the company.
- Ability to lead, plan, co-ordinate and manage a diverse team in order to achieve results
- Proficiency in MS Office application – Word, PowerPoint and Excel to a competent standard.
- Good report writing, interpersonal and communication skills, a team player with high integrity and credibility values.
- Willing to reside and travel a lot upcountry
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
About The Company
At Barry Callebaut, we are committed to Diversity & Inclusion. United by our strong values, we thrive on the diversity of who we are, where we come from, what we’ve experienced and how we think.
We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where people can truly be themselves, grow to their full potential and feel they belong.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED