Barber needed at Kempinski Hotel
To take 100% responsibility to exceed the guests’ expectations in accordance with Resense’s spa vision, core values and all related brand standards, procedures and policies.
- Provide a truly memorable experience for the guest with the highest level of comfort and service, creating a genuine, welcoming, inspiring & safe salon environment for all guests.
- To listen, consult with guests and members that accommodate their needs and achieve their goals.
- Communicate and work effectively with the entire spa team, including spa concierge, stylists, therapists & attendants to ensure a seamless experience for the guests.
- Fully support the Spa Manager, Assistant Spa Manager & Salon Manager.
- To set an example at all times of the highest standards of professionalism, attitude and appearance.
- Understand and implement all Resense Standard Operating Procedures & Policies.
- Perform men’s hair care services including cutting, styling, shaving, and facial treatments conditioning treatments.
- Promote / upsell hair care, skin care to guests as requested. This includes making personal recommendations and softly “upselling” the client.
- Clean work area after each service has been performed. Sweeping cut hair up, cleaning the workstation and mirror clean & perform general shop duties.
- Maintain a neat and professional work area at all times.
- Maintain supplies needed at station. Advise salon manager or designate items needing to be purchased.
- Unpacking and neatly storing hair, nail and skin care items needed in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist in the co-ordination of salon services with other Spa programmes. Insure current with trends in barbers industry and maintain current professional licenses.
- Maintain equipment for Salon operations and personal equipment in safe working order and report and dysfunctional equipment.
- Ensure individual is well versed in all aspects of the Spa’s operations.i.e. Business telephone usage, Guest relations, Spa services (massage, scrub, facial, etc.), retail sales
- Assist in the operations of all spa departments as required: Fitness, Front Desk/Receptions, Boutique, S&M.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Gentlemen’s Hairdressing Certification.
- Five (5) years’ experience in an international standard barbers
- 5 Years in a barber’s environment.
- Any additional hair salon skills welcomed.
- First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- To maintain inventory of supplies for the operations of the barbers.
- To attend weekly/monthly salon departmental communication meetings.
- Hair Cutting Skills – Gentlemen – Children.
- Shaving and Men’s Skin care.
- Willing to work shift hours including weekends.
- Articulate verbal and written communication.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and Empathetic.
- Sales oriented.
- Professional presentation.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Unposting Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED