Position: Project Manager & Industry Expert
Department: Food Processing – Ghana
Supervised by: Head of Private Sector Development & Projects
The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Ghana (AHK Ghana) is part of the
worldwide German Chamber Network. At 140 locations in 92 countries around the world,
the German Chamber Network (AHKs) offers its experience, connections and services to
German and foreign companies. The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in
Ghana is looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the position of a Project Manager &
Industry Expert “Food Processing/Ghana” (m/f).
The Project Manager will implement activities under the supervision of the Head of
Competence Centre Private Sector Development & Projects. She/he will report back to the
Berlin-based “Wirtschaftsnetzwerk Afrika (Africa Business Network)”
Competence Centre Private Sector Development & Projects.
The Center supports German companies with their market entry in Germany in close
collaboration with stakeholders, with German Ministries, and development agencies.
Over the past 2 years, the Competence Center has built a wide network in the food
processing sector in Ghana and gained substantial knowledge of the sector, its
opportunities and challenges.
The Project Manager/Industry Expert is building on the Africa Business Network’s pilot
project on food processing technology and logistics. Building on the results of the project and the existing knowledge of the AHK Ghana, she/he proactively identifies further
business opportunities and communicates these opportunities.
The Project Manager/Industry Expert may refer to other contacts on financing aspects and
legal framework conditions, and existing structures of the African corporate network and
German foreign trade promotion in general. She/he not only has a high level of technical
understanding, but also a wide network of relevant players in the industry.
• Conduct market research on food processing in Ghana
• Identify and liaise with stakeholders in Germany and Ghana’s public, private and
civil society as well as development partners
• Proactive identification of market chances for German companies incl. evaluation
of business cases and generating a project pipeline
• Support with contractual agreements between German and Ghanaian businesses
• Monitoring and reporting back to the Africa Business Network
• Any other tasks assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• A minimum of 2 years of work experience. Work experience in the mining sector is
considered an asset.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Project management experience.
• Outstanding command of French and English.
• Able to work independently, reliable, and self-motivated.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should email their resume plus cover letter including salary expectations to [email protected] no later than February 1st, 2021
The expected starting date is March 1, 2021, or as agreed between the parties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED