About the job
The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to monthly closing processes, forecasting and budgeting, and customer billing. You would also be responsible for preparing financial reports, performing research and analysis, maintaining the general ledger, performing account reconciliations, assisting with audit preparations as well as managing and reporting of financial information.
In addition to that the individual will work closely with and oversee the work of the Accountant and Accounts Clerk. You should be able to revitalize the company’s records keeping and better organization of its day-to-day financials by approaching each issue with an analytical mindset.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Bi-Annual financial forecasting, reviewing and risk analysis
- Preparation of cash flow forecasting and monitoring
- Applying tax efficient processing and tax compliance measures
- Monitoring fixed Asset register
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Reconciliation of Trades and Commissions.
- Providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Preparing asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Complying with state and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Preparing special financial reports (quarterly management reports) by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Keeping an eye on incoming payments from accounts receivable and outgoing payments from accounts payable
- Maintaining customer confidence and protecting operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Managing and supporting colleagues and junior staff with workloads and deadlines.
- Examining the proficiency of the software programs used to organise data.
- Attending and actively participating in team and company meetings.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Meeting and exceeding KPIs as set by your Line Manager.
- Applicant must have a First Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- An MBA or MSC in the fields above or ACCA or ICAG Certification would be an added advantage.
5 Years Minimum Accounting Experience with a reputable company preferably a financial institution.
Monthly Net of GHS 6,000.00 – GHS 7,000.00
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Proficient knowledge of computer software/online packages, such as Tally, QuickBooks, Bill.com,
- Quick learner and open to challenges as the company grows.
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Possess robust financial skills
- Integrity and a clear understanding of business ethics
- Attention to Detail – Must pay attention to every penny and make sure everything is in order when preparing tax information.
- Computer Skills and Data Entry Management
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Possess good communication skills
- An aptitude for Mathematics
- Ability to work under pressure and extra hours
- Knowledge on Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills as well as reporting research results
- Organizational Skills, Deadline Oriented, Time Management Skills.
- Statement of Financial Accounting Standards (SFAS) Rules
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE : ONGOING
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED