- Company: Grameen Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES:
The Institutional Relations Manager is responsible for experienced management of institutional funding opportunities and relationships, with a priority focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. Funding activities will be focused across Grameen’s core program areas of digital agriculture and digital financial services, as well as women’s economic empowerment more broadly. The Manager will be based from one of Grameen’s offices, either in Washington, DC or in Accra, or Nairobi, as a full-time hire.
The Manager will coordinate efforts across regional program and technical solutions teams and ensure successful submission of well-written, high-quality, competitive proposals to institutional funders including USAID, other bi-lateral / multi-lateral donors, and corporate and professional  foundations. The role involves cultivating business intelligence, attending external events, networking, and coordinating and facilitating meetings. The Manager will also build a pipeline of new funding opportunities, by consistently following the opportunity lifecycle, leading writing efforts on proposals/concept notes and other materials, coordinating budget inputs and other application materials, developing written correspondence, and managing database accounts.
The position requires a candidate who is highly proactive, with a strong work ethic, professional demeanor and customer service mentality, who truly enjoys writing, meeting new people and facilitating teamwork.
Reporting and relationships: The Manager, Institutional Relations will report to the Senior Director, Institutional Relations. Candidates will likely possess at least 5 years of relevant experience and can demonstrate they have achieved significant results in similar roles.
Availability and Travel: This position is exempt and will be expected to work 100% of a standard workweek of 40 hours. The Manager will follow Grameen Foundation’s safety and security protocol regarding the COVID-19 pandemic including location of work. The Manager may be required to travel domestically and/or internationally 1-2 trips/year.
ABOUT GRAMEEN FOUNDATION
Grameen Foundation is a global nonprofit that enables the poor, especially women, to create a world without poverty and hunger. Learn more about our rich, innovative organizational culture here; learn about our Mission, Work, and Impact here.
- Conduct networking to develop relationships with institutional funders and partners based in Washington, DC or Sub-Saharan Africa. Expand list of contacts and enhance the organization’s knowledge of priorities, trends and opportunities regarding this donor base;
- Manage a robust pipeline of institutional funding opportunities ranging from early stage capture to full proposal development across Grameen’s core program areas of digital agriculture, digital financial services, and women’s economic empowerment;
- Work with technical and regional program (especially the Africa Regional Director) to research, track and follow up on business intelligence leading up to bid opportunities;
- Advance team effort on new opportunities through coordinating the opportunity lifecycle process, including research, brainstorming, partner outreach, design/development of the technical approach, writing and editing support, budgeting, application submission, and project handover;
- Proactively lead writing of pitch/strategy documents, concept notes, and proposals as well as meeting minutes, team updates, and other documentation;
- Maintain Salesforce record accuracy and timely updating, as well as other knowledge management tasks;
- Set up, attend and/or facilitate internal and external meetings/calls.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of the proposal development process and demonstrated success managing aspects of proposal development to institutional funders;
- At least 5 years of experience in new business development within international development, preferably within agriculture, financial services, women’s empowerment or relevant field, with proven results in similar roles.
- Bachelors (or Masters) in international development, business, or a related field;
- Solid and proven knowledge of and interest in digital agriculture, digital financial services, and/or women’s economic empowerment within international development contexts, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- At least 5 years of experience implementing public-private partnerships and/or USG-funded programs highly preferred;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to independently lead complex processes;
- Exceptional written and verbal English language skills – A Must-Have Requirement;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a team in a highly dynamic environment to gather and synthesize information;
- Demonstrated experience and interest in working in a global/multicultural organization across multiple time zones;
- Professional and willing to serve others to ensure work is completed;
- Strong computer and database skills and comfort (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce or other CRM);
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and gender equality in line with Grameen Foundation’s mission.
Method of Application
Closing Date: 28 Jan 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED