GIZ job advertisement for Regional Accountability Advisor
The Regional Accountability Advisor will supervise the Accountability Component work in the respective region. This will entail enhancing the intemal audit processes and accountability at the district level.
The Regional Accountability Advisor will also support the Internal Audit Agency (AA) to strengthen the work of Audit Committees (AC) at the MMDAS level which will also include IT- based reporting system.
The Regional Accountability Advisor will be responsible for the work with Ghana Audit Service (GAS) and local authorities and ensuring that the development and introduction of accountability mechanisms and procedures for providing information on revenue and expenditure is initiated within the assigned district in the respective region.
These accountability mechanisms and procedures in collaboration with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) will also be extended to marginalized groups
The Regional Accountability Advisor
- Is responsible for the implementation of accountability activities in districts under his/her region in close collaboration with IAA GAS and CSOs
- Supports partners like IAA, GAS, AC and CSOs in organising activities and facilitating trainings in the districts.
- Supports Collaboration, Networking and Knowledge sharing amongst key partners
- Ensures that the implemented activities are in line with the GIZ quality standards
- Strategic development and management of key relationships with partners
- Masters/MSc Degree and technical expertise in Planning, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other relevant discipline
- In-depth knowledge of Ghana’s decentralisation system.
- Knowledge and working experience in the area of Accountability. Five (5) years’ professional experience in working with partners or topics related to IAA,GAS, AC or CSOs.
- Working experience with similar development organizations and local government actors
- Ability to work remotely communicate activities to line manager
- Ability to express yourself well both verbally and in writing
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and a one-page cover letter: [email protected] under the job code (2020/GovID/10/02)
CLOSING DATE 4th November 2020
If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED