AV Ventures LLC, a subsidiary of ACDI/VOCA, provides innovative, catalytic financing to agribusiness SMEs in select emerging markets through designated investment vehicles. Such investments provide improved economic opportunities for communities and generate social impact through more inclusive, responsible supply chains. AV Ventures’ investment strategy is to invest patient capital in growing agribusinesses in developing countries to promote markets in which business owners, smallholder farmers, and communities are empowered to succeed.
In Ghana, AV Ventures currently manages AV Ventures Ghana, a pilot investment vehicle that invests in high-potential Agri-SMEs and/or financial institutions by providing innovative financial products to generate both a financial return and positive impact for smallholder farmers and rural communities. AV Ventures works closely with the Ghana Poultry Project (GPP), implemented by ACDI/VOCA which seeks to improve the competitiveness of Ghana’s poultry sector.
Since 1963, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D. C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. Achieving ACDI/VOCA’s mission particularly requires facilitating access to finance for farmer groups, enterprises, and communities through sound business practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Investment Associate will be a member of the AV Ventures LLC team, significantly supporting pre-investment screening, due diligence, and post-investment monitoring of portfolio companies of AV Ventures Ghana and other funds to be managed by AV Ventures LLC.
The Investment Associate will report to the Senior Investment Associate, based in Accra, Ghana, and will work closely with the rest of the AV Ventures team based in Washington, DC. As necessary, the Investment Associate will also work in collaboration with the Ghana Poultry Project (GPP). Under the direction of the Senior Investment Associate, the Investment Associate will support the AV Ventures team as follows:
- Identify and screen potential investment opportunities to ensure that they meet the investment criteria of AV Ventures.
- Collect financial information and perform analyses of financial statements of potential investee companies.
- Provide general post-investment financial management and/or accounting support to portfolio companies.
- Assist in the implementation of accounting/financial management systems, including but not limited to internal control, expense & cash management, and financial reporting in portfolio companies.
- Undertake monitoring of portfolio companies to ensure that they are compliant with Social Impact Performance Indicators/Framework of AV Ventures.
- Support data compilation to fulfill reporting requirements to investors and the USDA during the life of GPP.
- Support due diligence on potential investee companies.
- Provide regular updates to the Washington DC-based team through calls, reports, and update reports.
- 1 – 5 years working experience in a similar role in a relevant impact investment, private equity, commercial and investment banking, investment/asset management company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Management, or Finance from a recognized university is required.
- Professional Accounting Qualification from an accredited accounting body (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience in providing financial management/accounting support to Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) or in an Accounting/Audit Firm in Ghana will be an advantage.
- Attentive-to-detail, curious, collaborative, punctual, proactive, resilient, and having high integrity, are qualities that are essential for this position.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Proficiency in French is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with other team members throughout the company.
- Fast-learner with compelling potential to become a self-starter.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
- Proficiency in widely known accounting software (QuickBooks, Tally, etc.); Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Accra, Ghana with extensive travel within Ghana and possibly elsewhere in West Africa.
Ability to start by October 2020.
AV Ventures offers a competitive compensation package that includes a base salary, performance-based compensation, and other benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Mode of application
- Qualified and Interested candidates should kindly send their CVs (not exceeding 2 pages) and a cover letter to [email protected]
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED