- Company: Rural Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Central Region
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
A fast-growing Rural Bank with Head Office in the Central Region has a vacancy for the position of an Audit Assistant.
Assist the Internal Auditor in establishing an effective and adequate internal control system that seeks to ensure that resources are safeguarded, records are accurate and reliable and work is done efficiently and orderly in compliance with the bank’s policies, banking regulations and internal audit standards.
- Support the Internal Auditor in ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Banking Law, the companies Code, 1963 (Act 179), as well as directives and procedures established by Bank of Ghana, ARB Apex Bank Ltd and the policies of the bank.
- Appraise, from time to time, the effectiveness of internal controls in place and propose new controls for the consideration of the Internal Auditor.
- Support the head of internal audit to assist management in improving the risk management process, control environment and operational efficiency across the company, including governance and operations.
- Assume an active role in the development and maintenance of an audit universe and risk-based audit plan, as development of engagement plans setting out the scope, objectives, risks and tests for internal audit assignments.
- Take primary responsibility for engagement supervision and preparation of draft reports, and assume an active role in the discussion of recommendations and agreed remedial actions with the appropriate level of management.
- Help create a control environment that will detect and avoid any fraud.
- Designing work papers that clearly document the evidence of audit work performed and conclusion drawn.
- Participating in field work as appropriate to ensure quality of staff work and procedures.
- Following up on previous findings to ensure that corrective action has been taken.
- Deputize for the Head of Internal Auditor when necessary.
- Provide any other duties as may be assigned.
- Highly analytical and critical
- Pays attention to details
- Proactive, innovative and dynamic problem solver
- High level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Good interpersonal, communication and report writing competencies
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Auditing.
- At least 3 years continuous post-qualification experience in the internal audit function/Risk Management/Compliance/Forensics in any institution in any industry’s internal audit department.
- Very conversant with T24 and Teksol Prime 5.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 20 Feb. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED