- Company: Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa, a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
Assistant Human Resource Manager (Local Hire)
The Assistant HR Manager supports the Director of Human Resources in all decisions relating to strategic, organisational, and operational people matters for a luxury hotel property.
The role helps to drive organisational performance on the objectives of Quality (through effective recruitment, development, and engagement of capable and motivated team members), Performance (through robust performance management, reward and recognition), and Compliance (through compliant and efficient HR Operations, policies & procedures).
- Support the delivery of the ambitious business objectives of the hotel by locally assisting in delivering the strategic HR agenda focused on attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent, ensuring effective performance management, supporting organizational design and workforce planning, and ensuring efficient and compliant HR operations.
- Support the leadership team in any organizational and people topics, to help them achieve their guest service and business objectives.
- Drive strong colleague engagement through employee communication and creative activities and events, and ensure proactive follow up on engagement survey results and ongoing feedback, handle staff grievance issues proactively
- Assist the HR Director in planning and implementing an annual budget and manning guide, following up closely on personnel costs, and preparing local management reporting as well as corporate reports
- Ensures that corporate and local policies & procedures are communicated and implemented.
- Ensure an efficient and compliant HR administration according to Kempinski standards and local requirements, including supervision of internal and external payroll services.
- Ensure compliance with local labour and immigration law and handle any legal issues including staff disciplinary actions.
- Effectively lead the HR team including recruiting, HR administration, and staff accommodation functions
- Assist the HR Director in the implementation of global performance management and talent management and succession planning processes, and follow up on the development and mobility of internal talent, including effective management of promotions, transfers, cross-trainings and task force assignments
- Project manage the roll-out of new global initiatives at the hotel and contribute to the design and implementation of new tools, e.g. HR information systems
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant university degree, e.g. in law, business administration, economics, HR management
- A Master’s degree and/or a relevant professional accreditation would be a plus
- At least 2 years’ experience in HR management roles and 2 years of leadership of HR teams in an organisation of a similar size (Must have)
- Working experience in (Luxury) hospitality industry is a plus
- English: Proficiency in oral and written English is a must
- HR professional with a proven ability to successfully manage efficient and compliant HR operations including HR administration & payroll, and where applicable, staff facilities (such as accommodation)
- Ability to implement robust processes for recruiting, identifying and developing talent, managing performance, and delivering an engaging employee experience
- HR advisory capacity for senior managers in matters relating to their teams and organisation
- Experience with budget and workforce planning
- Understanding of local labour and immigration law and local policies, regulations, and market practices
- Computer literacy (Excel/Power Point/Word), ideally including experience with HR information systems (Oracle, Success factors)
- Personal Competencies: (All Must Have)
- Leadership skills, as a functional leader for HR engaging with all managers and staff and having a strong impact on organisational culture
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Effective communication and listening as well as counselling skills
- Ability to engage, influence, and build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Role model for integrity ensuring fair and transparent processes at all times and inspiring trust.
- Where there is a multicultural team: working effectively in a diverse cultural environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and diplomacy
- Problem-solving and analytical decision-making ability and results focused.
- Passion for hotel operations and identification with the brand’s core values as a luxury services provider
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: December 27, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED