Assistant Finance Manager Needed at Children Believe
When you make a decision to work with Children Believe you’re not just doing something great for your career, you’re helping empower children around the world to access education, pursue their dreams and be a voice for change.
We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to help children live and dream fearlessly. Children Believe is currently recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Assistant Finance Manager – Ghana Office
This position is responsible for providing accounting, reporting services and support to the host Country Office in accordance with Children Believe Policies and Procedures. The Assistant Finance Manager will ensure that applicable statutory and tax requirements are complied with, facilitate audits and provide financial reports for analysis and donor reporting in timely manner.
The Assistant Finance Manager is responsible for coordinating and implementing Program and projects plans by ensuring compliance, and reporting on projects financial operations including preparing project budget, financial statements and preparing financial reports for country office, various projects and meeting donors requirements.
This position aims to keep safe operations and preserve the CO assets and invests.
The Finance Office will demonstrate and apply competencies and abilities in main areas as below:
- Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis – Support Partners and the CO in meeting all the required financial and operational targets and standards per the strategic plans.
- Internal Control and Risk Management – Ensure proper financial and operational controls are in place and functioning as required, including identifying and resolving control deficiencies, at the Partners and Country Office (CO) in compliance with Children Believe (CB) and Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) Standards.
- Collaborative Working – Collaborates with Associate Country Director, Program Manager, Program Officers, MELKS Officer, New Business Development Manager- WA and Sponsorship team through joint projects, information sharing and crosscutting themes.
This is a field-centric role and the position holder is expected to visit our operational areas to oversee finance-related functions of CB and should have a fair understanding and orientation towards child-centred development and the structural / systemic issues with specific reference to ECD. The incumbent is required to contribute to the in-country/regional/international program interventions in sync with organizational strategic directives.
This role includes, but not limited to:
Financial Planning & Budgeting – 25% of Time
- Firstly, Support the budget process including training, facilitating & reviewing for quality, accuracy and completeness for all programs under the CO, including the annual re-forecast exercise in consultation with the West Africa Finance Manager. Review Partners’ Annual Budgets and give feedback
- Secondly, Assist in the preparation of the Country Operating Plan as well as the Country Annual Progress Reports (including budget and cash flow forecast & variance analysis).
- Thirdly, Responsible for oversight on all funds flowing to the CO including to various Partners.
- Moreover, Review regular financial reports from Partners (for programs and projects) and follow up on significant budget variances or reporting deadline issues in consultation with FMWA.
- Then, Prepare and share quarterly departmental budget utilization reports, variance and sponsorship burn-rate reports.
- Finally, Ensure that CO expenses are kept at efficient levels at all times.
Financials & Taxation – 20% of Time
- Prepare and share monthly financial statements and reports with the FMWA & Director, F&A on a timely basis, including a detailed budget variance analysis and cash flow forecasts, according to CB’s and Local Accounting Standards.
- Present a monthly report to the ACD on Partner´s budgetary execution and matters connected to finance / compliance for undertaking informed decisions with possible recommendations.
- Report any financial and operational risk issues and internal control breaches, including negligence and fraud, and non-compliance issues to the CD and/or the Director, F&A and/or the Director, Internal Audit as appropriate, including recommended actions. Follow up on the completion and implementation of approved action plans, monitoring progress until fully resolved.
Capacity Building – 15% of Time
- Support FMWA in capacity building of CO, CO Affiliates/Associates/Partner’s staff members as a facilitative coach and trainer by providing clear, objective and constructive direction that will enable them to fulfill the required CB financial requirements with appropriate internal control systems and procedures.
- During field visits undertake trainings for field staff of Partners on issues that needs strengthening.
Compliances & Payroll – 10% of Time
- To begin with, Prepare and submit reports to all local legislative authorities in the prescribed manner in adherence to applicable taxation laws including income tax and professional tax implications.
- Then, Ensure CO Bank accounts are appropriately monitored in compliance with applicable legislations and CB rules.
- Also, Review and give advice on all contracts of a financial nature ensuring appropriate compliances are met.
- In addition, Undertake payroll compliance and processing, review all accounts payable and receivable (advances, etc.) ensuring accuracy. Handle all related tax and benefit activities ensuring legal compliance.
- Beside the above, Liaise with local IHP&C (International Head- P&C) for compensation and benefits issues relating to payroll as necessary.
Internal Controls and Risk Management –– 20% of Time
- Firstly, Maintain oversight of Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR), as well as operational internal controls of CO.
- Secondly, Review Partners (programs and projects) to assess the accuracy and completeness of their financial records and ensure compliance with the MoA, CB, Local and Partner Accounting Standards, policies and procedures under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit. This mandates regular travel to Partner operational locations.
- Thirdly, Coordinate the internal and external audit process of the CO and partners (programs and projects). This includes scheduling the auditing visits with the CO and partners, sharing the Results Report with the Country Director and Executive Directors of the Partner Organization.
- Also, Ensure that Internal and External Audit Recommendations are implemented at the CO and Partners’ operations.
- Then, Report on a quarterly basis to the Director, Internal Audit a list of all previously identified and unresolved audit issues per the internal and external audits for the CO and Partners (programs and projects) including action plans and status of implementation.
Special Responsibilities – 10% of Time
- Support NBD requirement in West Africa and ACD in the preparation of budget during proposal development, due diligence process and other essential compliances.
- Comply with all CB policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned in relation with CB, its subsidiaries or affiliates as the case may be.
- Contribute to the in-country/regional/international program interventions in sync with organizational strategic directives.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics and Auditing; Professional certifications in finance, accounting and auditing will be an asset.
- Minimum 4 years related finance, accounting and auditing experience including 2 years in similar role.
- Strategic and operational financial planning.
- Hands on experience in planning and preparing organizational budgets for multiple programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting processes, audit scope, planning and procedures.
- Strong information management and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of regulations related to finance, accounting (IFRS, budget) & taxation laws.
- Ability to pre-empt and prevent fraud and corruption.
- Strong computer skills, experience using accounting software and Microsoft Office including Excel
- Excellent in interpersonal, collaborative influence, Conflict Management and Negotiation skills
- A strong team player, able to be a member of different teams at the same time
- Work experience in a non-for-profit organization is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment.
- Business organization skills – planning, setting priorities, organizing, monitoring and multi-tasking
- Fluent in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to Partner offices & communities as needed
- Commitment to CB’s Vision, Mission and Values
Attributes, Traits, Behaviours:
- Tenacious with deadlines; result-oriented. Demonstrated willingness and ability to accept and apply new methods and techniques in performance of work. Demonstrated team-orientation, customer service behavior and attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility with changing demands and priorities of the job; a multi-tasker
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Works effectively independently and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated initiative; takes prompt action to accomplish objectives, takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required and is proactive Good organizational skills; attention to detail
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and exposure
- Respect for Diversity
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart combined with the skills and interest for the “Assistant Finance Manager – Ghana Office” position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity.
Submit Applications in English.
Women who meet the minimum requirements are highly encouraged to apply.
Children Believe is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our Child Protection/Safe-Guarding Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a criminal record check.
How to Apply for Assistant Finance Manager at Children Believe
Closing Date : 3rd September, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED