December 8th, 2022 at 09:28 am
Assistant Accountant- Financial Reporting (AfCFTA)
Purpose of Job
To provide technical support in financial Reporting, processing and settlement of imprest , prepare bank reconciliations, account for fixed assets and accounts receivable & payable in accordance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and AU Financial Rules.
- Prepares schedules for month and annual closure of accounts and provide input into the preparation of IPSAS Compliant Financial Statements;
- Settle imprest and make relevant adjustments/reversals in SAP;
- Prepare bank reconciliations on monthly basis and coordinate related audits;
- Maintain asset register in SAP and account for fixed assets in accordance with AU FRR, PPE Policy and IPSAS.
- Perform periodic review of accounts payable and receivable to ensure that outstanding payments are made and recoveries are made for receivables.
- Work closely with Principal Accounting and Reporting Officer to ensure timely and accurate monthly close of financial records for AfCFTA;
- Produce consistent and accurate supporting schedules and reconciliations for all general ledger accounts;
- Conduct a detailed periodic review of the general ledger activities and make accurate and timely corrections in the financial records to be audit-ready at all times;
- Ensure timely reconciliation of all controls accounts. Record and review journal entries, analyzing general ledger accounts, recording adjusting journal entries and accruing expenses each month;
- Ensure all monthly closing schedules are audit ready. Provide information and documentation to the Internal and External Auditors; Assist in the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations;
- Responsible for the day to day accounting functions relating to accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Oversee the timely reconciliation of all accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, including analyzing regularly the aged analysis and take remedial actions to address long outstanding issues;
- Responsible for the calculation of the accruals and prepayments and the adjustment of transactions in line with IPSAS. Ensure accounts receivable and accounts payable balances are IPSAS compliant at all times.
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Settles imprest, travel claims and other advances and clear commitments;
- Analyses Imprest and travel claims on a regular basis to keep clean and up to date;
- Responsible for month/year-end closure activities for accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Produces consistent and accurate supporting schedules and reconciliations for all general ledger accounts;
- Records and reviews journal entries, analyzing general ledger accounts, recording adjusting journal entries;
- Prepares timely reconciliation of all accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, including analyzing regularly the aged analysis and take remedial actions to address long outstanding issues and keep the accounts current;
- Prepares responses to external and internal audit queries and assist in the implementation of audit findings;
- Prepares memo to Payroll for signature of head of division for salary deduction of outstanding amounts from staff;
- Complete clearance form for separating staff on outstanding debt;
- Prepares Timely Bank reconciliation reports;
- Follows up on all outstanding items on bank reconciliation statements and resolve them;
- Responds to internal and external auditors query related to any reconciliation issues raised in reports;
- Follows up periodic currency revaluation procedures on SAP system;
- Journalize monthly exchange and bank charges on the various payments effected through Foreign and Local bank accounts;
- Adjusts the local bank balance at the end of each month;
Fixed Asset Accounting
- Firstly, Undertakes analysis for fixed assets on a regular basis and oversees the proper maintenance of financial records in accordance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) Policy and related African Union Financial Rules;
- Secondly, Provides guidance in relation to PPE accounting and makes appropriate recommendations for changes in accounting policy;
- Thirdly, Acts as knowledge expert on SAP Fixed Asset Module and shall be responsible for asset settlement processes and assists with the maintenance of fixed asset ledgers within the SAP fixed asset management module, which includes configuration, master data maintenance, depreciation calculations and reporting.
- Moreover, Lead and coordinate implementation of internal and external audit findings relating to Fixed Assets;
- Lastly, Performs other related duties as required.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- A Diploma in Accounting or Finance or related filed, with three (3) years of relevant professional work experience in the areas of accounting/finance. Or
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related filed, with two (2) years of relevant professional work experience in the areas of accounting/finance.
- Part/fully qualified professional certification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent is added advantage.
- Experience in preparing IPSAS/IFRS compliant financial statements and donor reports in international organization is required.
- Demonstrate experience in fixed assets accounting in accordance with IPSAS/IFRS;
- Practical experience in preparing bank reconciliation statements;
- Hands-on experience in the use of SAP or similar ERP;
- Experience in coordinating internal and external audits;
- Advance knowledge in the application of Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Conscientious in observing deadlines and achieving results
- Then, Familiarity with IPSAS
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft suite (xcel,word etc.)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Finally, Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- Developing Others
- ..Risk Awareness and Compliance
- Teamwork and Collaboration..
- ..Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence:
- ..Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Job Knowledge Sharing;
- Continuous Improvement Orientation:
- Trouble shooting;
- Task Focused;
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,758.00 (GSA 5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
Closing Date : 6th Jan, 2023
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED