Asanko Gold Ghana Limited (AGGL) is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that the purchasing and supply function operate effectively in line with International standards and best practice in the Mining industry.
Position: Unit Manager – Logistics & Procurement
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that the purchasing and supply function operate effectively;
- Act as a liaison between the company and its vendors in terms of ensuring vendor compliance with technical and commercial terms;
- Conduct economic analysis, cost modelling, TCO analysis in support of assigned strategic sourcing events & bid evaluation;
- Develop credible business case for sourcing initiatives, supported by market data, commercial objectivity and relevant business and technical factors;
- Handling the daily buying activities of the mine and ensuring vendor compliance with technical and commercial terms;
- Develop a procurement strategy & execution plan;
- Coordinate Request for Quote(RFQs), through buyers to vendors and adjudicate on quotations in ways that benefit the company in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Provide required input into the Galiano Gold Sustainability report regarding the status of deliverables against predetermined key performance indicators (KPI’s);
- Be the custodian of all Purchase Orders (POs) issued by Asanko to vendors by way of properly and correctly filing all such POs physically and electronically for ease of reference;
- Produce biannual reports to the Minerals Commission on Asanko’s Local Procurement Plan, against predetermined KPI’s;
- Measure performance requirements, in terms of delivery schedules, product quality, order completion, etc. to ensure to ensure high vendor performance;
- Provide timely, effective and efficient reporting of orders flagged as urgent and/or critical to production to the production departments to ensure proper planning;
- Proactively identify, develop and drive improvement ideas and capture innovations on supplier markets;
- Documentation control to ensure easy tracking of documents of for smooth administration of the tendering process and contracts;
- Manage vendor performance and provide timely vendor feedback to Vendor Management team;
- Submit a monthly activity report on the Unit’s monthly deliverables to the Head of Department, the Manager Finance & Administration;
- Maintain preferred suppliers listing;
- Create team goals, establish metrics and report performance;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain; Purchasing and Supply; Business Administration;
- Member, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply;
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualification work experience four of which must be in the Mining Industry;
- Demonstrates understanding of purchasing techniques and practices;
- Good understanding of internal purchasing policies and procedures;
- Proficiency in computer database management system and competency in stock analysis;
- Ability to explain corporate or departmental vision, values, objectives, and standards, inspire team members, and set appropriate example;
- Must be trustworthy and reliable;
- Leadership experience and thorough understanding of good supply chain practices;
- Should be collaborative by nature and can successfully engage and influence key stakeholders;
- A strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license and have the ability to drive in rough terrain;
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy and professionalism;
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of engineering practices in the Mining environment;
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills with strong analytical mindset;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management;
- Medically fit for the position and environment;
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
How To Apply
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your CV to 4 pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
- Please ensure you email [email protected] when applying for a job.
- Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
CLOSING DATE: 6th April, 2021.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED