- Company: Western Premium
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Ghana
Western Premium boasts of offering quality and affordable products in the range of general office consumables and equipment, office stationery, cleaning chemicals, industrial equipment and PPEs to large and medium companies.
Roles and Responsibilities
Plan, develop and oversee the overall business development strategy
- Reviews each call for tender in detail with the responsible salesperson to determine a response strategy, which includes scope of delivery, pricing and delivery timelines.
- Develop business/sales strategy and account plan for priority accounts that ensures the achievement of sales and profit targets within set budgets
- Build long-term strategic relationships and partnerships with customers to grow business and gain market share
- Lead the tender process – setting up and follow-up on tender project plan, drive tender opportunities, get commitment and maximize tender outcome
- Manage, direct and monitor the overall performance of the tender process team to obtain maximum efficiency, quality, service and profitability for the organization
- Communicate with international clients on the tender process
- Communicate internally, prepare for and conduct internal meetings for each bid.
- Prepares tenders and standardized tender templates and documentation
- Prepares initial tender documentation and coordinate obtaining the required approvals.
- Maintains a list of qualified vendors, especially as related to planned tenders
- Compilation of various input to create a more complete tender proposal
- Assists with the development of procurement software applications for the Project Implementation Team.
- Interface directly with customers on technical and general quotation queries as required
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, acting as inside sales by exploring opportunities for new business
- Monitors the tender submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance.
- Experience with tenders and contract administration
- Develop and implement bidding strategies to win both local and international contracts.
- Develop a commercial & technical strategy for all major tenders and project acquisition targets.
- Ensure the development of sustainable relationships with new and existing clients, throughout the lifecycle (from the initial stage of tendering, contract development, and project execution and through closeout).
- Identify and select Tenders (from pre-qualification up to ETF) and implement bidding strategies (including partnership agreements) to get the award.
Who we are looking for:
An energetic and socially skilled individual, who is able to multitask, and set priorities. Further, the ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in business management or equivalent qualification/ experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience in business development and Tendering activities
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels
- Highly energized and motivated with a high level of commitment
- Proven sales and bid success of strategic sales and tenders.
- Experience in tender process
- Experience with project management.
- Experience of strategic account planning, budgeting and forecasting, analyzing market data and trends
- Good understanding of tender process management, requirements and dynamicsaptitude for tender process management and customer/supplier relationship management
- Full driving license
- Commercial, negotiation and client orientation skills.
Preferred Key Experience:
- Project management or execution experience
- Persistence to meet objectives.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms
- Ability to be a team builder.
- Strong planning, coordination and time management
- Technical knowledge in all disciplines to judge and deal with problems
- Analytical and judgmental skills to find and implement proactive solutions.
- Proactive and dedicated.
Method of Application
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE