UNICEF, also known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Vacancy For Health and Nutrition Specialist
How can you make a difference?
• The Health and Nutrition Specialist is responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Health & Nutrition programmes in Tamale Field Office in the northern regions of Ghana, which contribute to the country programme.
• The incumbent will be accountable for effective technical and programme support to facilitate the application and adaptation of UNICEF policies and strategies to achieve strategic priorities and objectives and expansion of UNICEF assisted Health & Nutrition interventions, including the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals agenda.
• Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management, in partnerships with key stakeholders and with the contribution of knowledge institutions.
• Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of Integrated Health & Nutrition strategies and approach through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership. Partnerships with global funds, multilateral and bilateral agencies and development banks, as well as relations with the private sector enhanced and exploited efficiently, in order to formulate common advocacy position and influence allocation of resources, as well as investment decisions on behalf of Health and Nutrition.
• Work plan and objectives are strategically established, implementation support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through the application of technical expertise, in consultation with all relevant partners.
• Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability. Gender/sex-disaggregated data and inputs provided, relevant to the Health and Nutrition programme.
• Technical support is provided to government and NGOs and all other partners at various stages of the project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
• The capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity-building support in the development, implementation and management of the Health & Nutrition programme and efficient communication is provided in building technical partnership with a collaborative agency which can bring state-of-art information to staff.
• UNICEF and Government and implementing partners accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for Health & Nutrition.
• Effective working relationships with internal and external counterparts are kept maintained for advocacy, technical coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
• Relevant and strategic information is kept available and shared with relevant stakeholders as required to support the Health & Nutrition Programme by the effective implementation of an integrated monitoring system.
• Required programme/project reports are timely prepared and shared with relevant stakeholders as required in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
• Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination is provided and in line with the Core Commitments for Children (CCCs) in Humanitarian Action, partnerships with the Health and Nutrition humanitarian actors strengthened within the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC).
Qualification Required & Experience
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree in Public Health and Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
• A degree in medicine is an asset.
• A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of technical cooperation programmes related to Health and Nutrition. Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in maternal and new-born care, child survival & development, health and nutrition care.
• Fieldwork experience.
• Background/familiarity with Emergency.
• Experience of working / good understanding of the Ghana Health Service, an asset.
• Supervisory experience is required.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
• Note: This position is an elevated risk role. Assessment of candidates and background verification checks will include child safeguarding.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 26 February, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED