February 22nd, 2020 at 03:46 pm
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Standard Chartered Bank Job Recruitment February 2020
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Maintain financial reporting integrity and review all data included in the financial reports for accuracy and completeness
- Perform trial balance and general ledger reviews to confirm appropriate accounting and statement in books based on the above lists
- Engage with Country Finance team for data reviews and confirmation on posting journals for appropriate rectification and adjustments to ledger data
- Engage with IFRS reporting team to ensure that reporting actions based on past-quarters’ group queries have been completed and do not recur
- Perform quarterly analysis of movements in balances, variance and identify business reasons
- Working closely with stakeholders across Country finance, Business finance and Group Finance teams and manage expectations
- Perform business review of IFRS schedules – profit and loss, balance sheet and off-balance sheet – to confirm expected results are reported in the schedules
- Complying with all governance requirements – Process metrics review, Service review calls, BCP.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide timely information and support when required
- Engage and collaborate with Country and Group teams for process, knowledge and change management
- Contribute effectively as GFS Africa initiatives as necessary
- Proactively communicate with the FORM through the line manager on operational risk management issues as they arise. Escalate significant events to FORM as appropriate
- Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the FORM. Ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings or breaches to FORM.
- Assist line manager and FORM in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives
- Ensure that all processes and procedures within the unit are properly documented and continuously updated in DOIs and Process flows
Our Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Accountant is a must – CA, CPA or CIMA (UK)
- University degree preferably in Business or Accounting. MBA will be an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years post qualification relevant work experience in a Financial Reporting role preferably in a Financial services industry with specific experience in performing analytical reviews of legal entity/statutory reporting (schedules and data) with business in focus
Skills – Functional
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting standards and practices
- Extensive working experience in different financial and accounting systems
Skills – Behavioural
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent network building and strong interpersonal skills to work with people from diverse culture and background
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity of how people, process and systems can perform better
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism, with the intent to do the right thing at all times
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- People management exposure in leading and managing small/mid sized teams.
- Excellent project managerial skills and ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED