APPLY NOW || Perseus minining job openings for January 2020
Perseus Mining Limited is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused an the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility and achieved up to 7.2Mtpa via few plant upgrades in 2016. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 180,000-220,000oz gold per annum.
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERINTENDENT
Purpose of Role:
The successful candidate would assist in the day-to-day management of the Electrical maintenance functions throughout the site.
- Develop and implement effective electrical and instrumentation standards and procedures; Train and develop section employees to uphold the high performance standard;
- Identify, implement and manage E&l Projects;
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimise unplanned downtimes, anticipate problems timely and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Ensure availability of supplies of parts and materials to meet operational needs;
- Ensure Minerals Commission and Machinery Inspection regulations relating to E&l are met at all times;
- Implement and maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures and ensure to maintain a healthy working environment;
- High Voltage Switchgear, lines maintenance, functional checks & tests;
- Manage all consultants or contractors as required;
- Manage all electrical and instrumentation documentation; policies, procedures and standards, designs and drawings, handover packages as may be required by Legislation and engineering best practice;
- Performs all duties of the Electrical Competent person under the Mines and Quarries Act;
- Peform any other related duties based on the exigencies of the Edikan Gold Mine operations as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and: Skills
- BSc Electrical Engineering;
- At least Ten (10) years’ work experience in instrumentation and process control in the mining or related environment, five of which must have been in Management position;
- Must possess Mineral Commission Competency Certificate to work as Electrical Superintendent;
- Current advanced first aid certificate;
- Must have a valid Ghanaian Driving licence;
- High technical ability in problem-solving and failure analysis capabilities with special emphasis on field instruments, PLCs and data control systems;
- Strong ability to manage process plant instrumentation and electrical equipment maintenance;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office, MS Project, and working experience in planned maintenance software packages:
- Sound process plant business acumen and ability to influence main cost drivers to achieve set objectives;
- Formal leadership and management and skill development training;
- Knowledge of Occupational health and safety regulations;
- Knowledge of Environmental Management Principles;
- Planning and Scheduling formal training;
- Ability to conduct root cause failure analysis.
Competitive and Attractive
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications will only be received by email to
with the advertised job title “Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent” as the subject line of the email.
The closing date for this application is Friday, January 31, 2020.
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE