Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ignitia AB Recruitments 2020.
Ignitia AB is a high-technology startup, producing the world’s first highly accurate tropical forecast model. Their team of scientists and engineers are experts in their fields and have created a model that operates at 84% accuracy, compared to the 34% accuracy of global models.
- Company: Ignitia AB
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
As ignitia’s Finance and Admin Officer, you will work closely with the COO to ensure finance processes, book-keeping and office management and local admin run smoothly and efficiently.
You have good experience in accounts and managing books for small and medium sized companies in Ghana. You are meticulous and passionate about high quality execution and have an eye for detail. You can juggle many projects and activities at the same time without missing deadlines or dropping standards. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy when a meticulous plan comes together.
From managing accounts and book-keeping for Ghana and Nigeria to financial reporting to ensuring the Ghana office admin runs smoothly and efficiently, the role requires you to be flexible and quick to respond,
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage book-keeping (accounts, invoicing, taxes, bills, petty cash etc) for Ghana and Nigeria
- Maintaining and updating personnel files including leave, sickness etc for payroll purposes
- Monthly payroll
- Financial reporting and monitoring
- Preparation for audit
- Improving financial processes
- Ghana office management – visitors, office supplies, events
- Travel bookings for all staff based in Ghana, Nigeria and Sweden
- Maintain legal and operational documents, updating and complying with requirements
- Onboarding new staff – setting up email ids, laptops, keys etc
WHO ARE YOU?
You are an experienced finance and accounting officer. You enjoy a challenge and a fast-paced environment. You enjoy supporting a high performing team to be successful. You are analytical and focused, and never make the same mistake twice. You have a keen interest in agriculture and the NGO landscape in West Africa and their decision-making processes.
You are entrepreneurial and persistent. You don’t mind rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck into the problem to help sort things out. You think your work should make a difference and still be fun.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE?
- You have a finance/ accounting qualification
- You have at least 5 years of experience in finance and admin operations
- You have an undergraduate degree (minimum) from a recognized university
- You have experience updating ledgers, budgets, etc. Preparing financial reports. Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- You are skilled at delivering in matrixed, international teams
- You are a powerful communicator – both written and oral – and can leverage relationships of trust to deliver results
- Excellent computer skills and tech-savvy.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED