Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for iDE Ghana Recruitment 2020
POSITION TITLE: Commercial Operations Officer (COO)
PROJECT OR DIVISION: Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)
REPORTS TO: Commercial Operations Manager(s)
LOCATION: Based in Tamale, with frequent day trips and travel to rural areas across all operational areas.
The Commercial Officer plays a key role in supporting the Commercial Operations Manager in credit delivery and management of the finance portfolio of Sama Sama.
Responsible for ensuring due diligence in evaluating installment applications completed at sales pitches, ensuring all guidelines are met and recommending approval or disapproval of such credit application.
Also responsible for ensuring timely payments by clients in their portfolio, and following up on delinquent clients.
The Commercial Operations Officer (COO) reports directly to the Commercial Operations Managers, and works closely with other project team members and other managers especially Sales Manager, Customer Service and Production Manager.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES – Modifications may be made at any time
- Travel to customer homes or workplaces to meet and complete the credit request and all associated requirements from prospective customers and assess creditworthiness.
- Ensure customers understand the repayment schedule and follow-up on delinquent payments.
- Ensure customers understand payment terms and ways of making payments.
- Mitigate and manage customers’ attempt to cancel orders.
- Achieve monthly targets.
- Manage client files, relationships and lead in client acquisition.
- Suggest effective credit payment scheme for customers.
- Administer credit collections from customers.
- Take on any additional works as required by the Commercial Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Graduated from university with a degree in Business Administration, Accounting Economics, Mathematics or other relevant areas.
- Three (3) years of work experience, previous credit administration and/or microfinance role is a plus.
- Understanding of basic credit principles and practices.
- Collecting, analyzing and compiling data and preparing reports
- Ability to maintain accurate and up to date records of clients.
- Experience in work planning, report writing, and record keeping.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required; Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Holds a Valid License and capability to ride a motorbike.
All interested persons could apply by sending their CVs and Cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of all applications is 9th January 2020.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED