- Company: Gold Fields
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
The Metallurgy Department is seeking to employ an experienced and suitably qualified individual for executing daily routine work according to policies and procedures within prescribed guidelines for the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF). The incumbent will be responsible for the overall safety of the TSF structure. Reporting to the Unit Manager – Tailings, the incumbent will be responsible providing designed continuity and technical support with respect to dam safety issues over the life of the TSF in accordance with best practices of Gold Fields’ standards.
- Provide input into engineering designs by reviewing technical documents and recommendations.
- Support and supervise implementation of dam safety programs including Operation, Maintenance and Surveillance (OMS) documents, Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans (ERP) in accordance with Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management (GISTM).
- Coordinate external reviews, including: Independent Peer Review Board (IPRB), Dam Safety Inspections (DSIs) and Dam Safety Reviews (DSRs).
- Regularly update applicable Damang dam safety documentation and maintain documents and data records for the tailings facilities.
- Provide general TSF operations supervision to ensure the management of the TSFs in accordance to the applicable regulatory environment, TSF design codes, and the Gold Fields Group Tailings Management Guidelines
- Oversee instrumentation program and provide technical support where required
- Participate in training programs and provide technical guidance to subordinates.
- Responds to emergency situations and unusual operating conditions to ensure the safety of personnel and limit potential negative impacts on production, environment and costs.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in all TSF areas.
- Initiate change management processes when required.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/ Geological/ Mining Engineering or related engineering field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in tailings and water management facilities design, construction, operation and closure
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with people of diverse cultures and levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CAD
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Have a hands-on approach and be willing to commit to obtain the required results
- Valid Ghanaian driver’s license
- Previous work experience in a similar role and environment will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should:
CLOSING DATE : 28th March, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED