The Freight Co-ordinator will support the development, implementation, continuous improvement and execution of Newmont’s logistics and transportation, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives, specifically for logistics and freight activities.
To oversee all administrative regional shipping and transportation planning activities, in order to verify all regulatory obligations are met, in compliance with regional government and Newmont procedures and policies.
In addition to enhancing Newmont’s overall logistics and transportation management capability through continuous improvement.
Main responsibility areas will include;
- Customer Relations.
- Freight Invoice Review & Management of SAP Freight Account.
- Local Content.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Communicate with Suppliers, Freight Forwarder and End user to achieve desired satisfaction.
- Evaluate and process claims made by customers and interface with Freight Forwarder for resolution.
- Review all Freight invoices to ensure accuracy and application to the correct cost centre.
- Periodically reconcile Freight Account with Finance to ensure freight costs are appropriately allocated.
- Oversee the operational and administrative requirements regarding freight and logistics for Newmont.
- Route incoming and outgoing communication regarding freight shipments and transportation needs.
- File freight and transportation documentation as required by law and record keeping standards, continuously seek new ways to address cost and improve efficiency in the freight and logistics category.
- Support in the execution local content strategy for the site in alignment with the regional and global strategies.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related, Supply Chain, Accounting or equivalent fields
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning.
- Customs Process proficiency.
- Shipping Procurement.
- Clearing and Forwarding.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ of directly related freight, logistics and transportation planning or equivalent. A combination of training and experience is required.
- One (1) to Three (3) years’ of management experience – leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining Experience preferred.
- Strong computer, Microsoft Office skills i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, knowledge of all Supply Chain functional areas.
- Negotiating skills.
- Market Forecasting.
- Financial Management.
- Personal Attributes:Safety conscious, Respectful, Customer focused, Reliable, Honesty, Confident, Results driven, Team player, and Willing to learn continually, Strong interpersonal skills, Positive curiosity.
- Regular travel to our Akyem and Ahafo mine sites will be required.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow.
We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company.
In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes.
If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED