Africa Trade Insurance Agency is seeking to recruit a Claims Officer.
Reporting to the CUO through the Senior Claims and Recovery Officer, the Claims Officer is
responsible for the following:
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for investigating, evaluating and managing risks and settlement of claims.
• Propose improvements in the underwriting guidelines based on claims and other experiences
• Provide technical support to the underwriting and accounts departments in all phases of claims handling
• Maintain records and provide file and data management of losses reported and claims paid
• Provide analytical, and technical support in claims management.
• Put in place a system for managing individual and portfolio exposures.
• Measure financial impact of claims and recommend appropriate actions to avoid, retain or transfer the risk
• Periodic assessment of underwritten risks.
• Provide analytical and technical support on all claims and determine their accuracy.
• Collect accurate information and documents for claims analysis
• Forecasting of prepayments, delinquencies, and defaults
• Project and calculate expected losses for setting loss reserves
• Undertaking baseline analysis of risk exposures and insurance coverage.
• Design and maintain loss reports and monitor claim trends.
• Communicate with clients, obligors, banks and all other interested parties in claim processing
• Review and negotiate changes in policy wording based on claims experiences.
• Prepare specifications for improvements of the underwriting system related to the above
• Organize the filing for over-dues and claims
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Insurance, Finance, Banking, Law or any other relevant field plus a professional qualification in Insurance.
• A Master Degree in a related field is an added advantage
• Professional Certification is highly preferred
• Competence in English both orally and written is a prerequisite
• Knowledge of French is an added advantage
• Extensive experience with legal documents used in the insurance and banking industry
• Extensive experience with common and commercial law
• Experience with debt collection and claims management
• Expert knowledge of credit bureau data and products
• Ability to provide financial and insurance accounting support
• Over 3-years’ experience in insurance claims management
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Willingness to travel
How To Apply For The Job
Please submit an Application Letter, Personal History Form (Downloaded from the ATI website) CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees to:
Click Here To Download Personal History Form
ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.
Closing Date: 07 February 2020
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED