December 21st, 2019 at 12:40 am
ACDI/VOCA Job Recruitment 2020
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for ACDI/VOCA Job Recruitments 2020.
ACDI/VOCA is an international development nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., the United States that fosters broad-based economic growth, raises living standards, and creates vibrant communities.
The multi-year Ghana Poultry Program (GPP) has been awarded to ACDI/VOCA by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) with a goal to increase the competitiveness of domestic production and processing of poultry meat and eggs.
GPP will adopt a market facilitation approach to drive systemic change in targeted poultry sector commodity value chains by focusing resources on fixing the underlying structural elements and capacity limitations that inhibit sector growth.
We are currently seeking Enterprise Development Coordinators for the Poultry sector to be based in Kumasi & Sunyanifor a six (6) month contract.
- Facilitates the development of poultry firms’ capacity to improve their profitability and access to investment/financing from the formal/informal financial sectors.
- Provides demand-driven assistance and training on improved management practices Encourages inter-firm relationships and the development of service markets that enhance value chain performance between businesses and their trading partners.
- Work with input/service providers/processors/other off-takers in the sector to extend training services to smaller businesses and outgrow businesses
- Work with poultry organizations to demonstrate cost-effective input-management and veterinary and animal-husbandry practices targeting poultry producers and households and work on strategies for the adoption of these practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (VSD, input supply companies, etc.) to create a sustainable Community Animal Health Worker (CAHWs) entrepreneur network to deliver poultry production and disease control technics to households.
- Establish commercial linkages with veterinary input suppliers, buyers, cold store owners, retailers and other players in the poultry value chain and collaborates with government and nongovernment stakeholders in the playing field.
- Connect poultry farms to retailers of certified vaccinations and medicines and ensure adherence to protocols and standards.
- Periodically design tailored curricula that address essential production/business topics relevant to the knowledge needs of poultry actors in the value chain.
- Provide additional support around the adoption of good husbandry practices that limit disease transmission and promote and strengthen early-warning systems with CAHW, poultry producers, households, etc.) in cases of outbreaks.
- Performs monitoring and evaluation task in relation to the activities
- Incorporates GPP gender mainstreaming and environmental management plans into daily operations.
- Performs other duties and undertakes other projects as may be assigned.
We are also currently seeking Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager based in Accra for this project on an eight (8) months contract
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager manages a team that monitors and evaluates the program. As the successful candidate, you are responsible for the collection, input, analysis, and dissemination of accurate data in order to monitor and evaluate the impact of the project’s activities on its beneficiaries.
- You will guide the technical direction of the M&E approach and strategy and be responsible for all communication and reporting needs for the program.
- You will demonstrate strong advocacy, policy development, program monitoring, and evaluation skills and abilities in data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting using computer-based statistical packages and databases
- You will have a thorough knowledge of statistics and research methodology, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and techniques,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English), both verbal and written, strong negotiation, diplomacy, and teamwork skills.
- You are comfortable in developing and presenting effective short and long-term training
- Experience in CLA and basic knowledge in MIS
- You are able to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment,
- Can organize your work to meet deadline pressures
- You should possess an advanced degree in economics, statistics, social sciences, international development, monitor and evaluation, or related field.
How to Apply
interested candidates submit a resume/CV to:email@example.com
Note: When submitting your application, start the subject line with the position title
No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: 23rd December 2019
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED