- Company: Gold Fields
- Location: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Abosso Goldfields Limited, Damang Mine is seeking to appoint a dedicated, committed, and self-motivated individual for the position of Unit Manager – Metallurgy Technical Service. The incumbent will provide overall supervision and ensure effective gold recovery on the mine.
Reporting to the Metallurgical Manager, the incumbent will manage the accounting features of the gold processing plant and ensure raw materials for processing are accurate for safe sustainable plant throughput and gold recovery at a minimum cost.
The incumbent will be required to develop proper action plans for the plant and implement it effectively to ensure continuous achievement that includes; plans regarding metallurgical Management and its material acquisition.
He/she will ensure that management system, policies, and procedures are followed and resources are utilized effectively and efficiently to achieve production targets whiles Health & Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Develop and maintain Metallurgical Account, reconcile procedures and coordinate gold room activities
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for production, gold recovery and operating cost
- Set and monitor operating budget and control systems for the consumables
- Design, initiate and report on laboratory and plant-based test work to improve on plant performance
- Mentor and provide technical inputs into developmental training of junior metallurgists.
- Active involvement in plant decision-making process by way of reviewing and monitoring process parameters.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective operating methodologies
- Plan and manage plant shutdowns to maximize the time available for plant maintenance and processing jobs whilst ensuring minimal production losses
- Provide leadership, guidance, support, and back-up to operational and maintenance personnel in order to develop the team, increase efficiency and achieve production, recovery and safety targets whilst adhering to regulatory legislation and mine standards
- Provide technical input to all project evaluations e.g. capital expenditure proposals and/or plant/process modifications.
- Liaise with Mining, Geology, Maintenance, Purchasing, Assets Protection departments for efficient and increase production.
- Deal with external laboratories, local & international suppliers, service providers, mining companies, Minerals Commission, and other regulatory bodies.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering or Higher National Diploma (Extraction Metallurgy) or it’s equivalent.
- A Government Certificate of Competency (Process Manager’s Certificate of Competency)
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a metallurgical and mineral processing operation
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of process control philosophy and systems
- Be an innovative thinker, driven by results-achievement
- Be resilient and resourceful and has a high level of integrity
- Medical fitness for the job and the environment
Method of Application
Closing Date : 3 August 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED