Applicants are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the position of cartographer in A reputable state institution.
ASSISTANT CARTOGRAPHY OFFICER/PRINCIPAL CARTOGRAPHY DRAUGHTSMAN/SENIOR CARTOGRAPHY DRAUGHTSMAN/CARTOGRAPHY DRAUGHTSMAN
Duties and responsibilities
- Receives or raw cocoa swollen shoot virus diseases control field data including measured data.
- Checks to ensure the accuracy of the field data being received.
- Processes measured GPS data into Maps including their attributes.
- Produces maps showing the relevant features such as blocks cocoa, coffee, and outbreak areas; type and ago classes of cocoa; treated and replanted farms and their sizes.
- Assist technical assistant to complete the cocoa/coffee area records form.
- Prepares a summarised analysis of the cocoa area surveyed to show the density of cocoa age classes and types.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly, annual and other statistical information on CSSVD control operational for the information of management.
- Opens and maintains necessary register for all field operations.
- Prepares check and maintains maps to direct field surveys and/or show progress of field work.
- Archive record for future reference.
- Teachers/trains the field staff on the use/operation and handling of the GPs device and reports on any operational challenges.
- Assist or guide the survey TAs to identify existing features in the field whenever TAs a face map reading or orientation difficulties.
- Achieving and evaluation of CSSVD control/records system for future reference.
- Establish the link and collaborate with other departments/Sections towards the achievement of the unit objectives in the region.
- Ensures the opening and maintenance of necessary operational registers at the regional District level.
- Must be computer literate.
- Have the ability to interpret Maps.
- Have the ability to handle GPS equipment.
- Must be able to work with two or more mapping software especially arcGIS and autoCAD
Assistant cartography officer; candidate should have a first degree in geometric engineering, geodetic engineering, land surveying, and mapping
Principe Cartography Draughtsman. Candidates must possess a Higher National Diploma HND in geometric engineering, geodetic engineering, land surveying, and mapping
Senior cartography Draughtsman. Candidate must possess a diploma in geomatic engineering, geodetic engineering, land surveying, and mapping
cartography Draughtsman. candidate should have a Certificate in Land Surveying and Mapping
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their applications and curriculum vitae to:
ADVERT NO. 2091, NEW TIMES CORPORATION, P.O. BOX 2638, ACCRA
CLOSING DATE: 2nd March 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED