- Company: Lancaster University Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
Transnational Academic Group Ghana (TAG Ghana) in partnership with Lancaster University operates Lancaster University Ghana.
About Lancaster University Ghana and Transnational Academic Group
Lancaster University Ghana is a partnership between Transnational Academic Group and Lancaster University, UK. Our campus is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK. We provide excellent and inspiring teaching and places great emphasis on a strong student experience, employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field. Lancaster University Ghana offers the exact same degree to the degrees offered at our Lancaster University main campus in the UK. This means that you will be awarded the same qualifications – as if you were studying at the main campus.
Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations. Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff. Transnational Academic Group (TAG) is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including education, media, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, ABN 360, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, and Tech One Global.
We are now seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated academic(s) with a passion for excellence to full-time Lectureship positions in the following areas; Computer Science
Successful candidates will teach a range of computer science modules primarily across our foundation and undergraduate programmes. The experience or ability to teach postgraduate computer science modules will be a plus.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the following:
- To contribute to the teaching commitments of the department by carrying out teaching, examining, and administrative duties on foundation, undergraduate and (or) postgraduate programmes, as required;
- Contribute to the curriculum development and the design of individual courses offered by the department;
- Supervision of project dissertations undertaken by students;
- To contribute regularly to departmental seminars, discussion groups and collaborative research groups;
- To contribute to the department’s academic and pastoral care of its students and the enhancement of their learning, personal development and achievement;
- To participate fully in department committees and running of the department;
- To contribute as appropriate to programme management and related activities;
- To develop and maintain links with relevant professional bodies and academic groupings;
- To support the marketing activities of the department as appropriate, such as Hackathon
- To contribute to the development of the interface with external organizations;
- Provide cover for colleagues on leave where necessary;
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Required Skills or Experience
|Required Academic Qualifications and Competencies||Essential /Desirable||*CV / Supporting Statement / Interview / Presentation|
|A first-class master’s degree/PhD in computer science or a closely related specialization from a reputable and accredited institution||Essential||CV / Qualifications|
|Have expert knowledge, teaching and applied research interests in the lectureship role advertised||Essential||CV / Qualifications / Supporting Statement / Interview / Presentation|
|Experience of teaching in Higher Education (undergraduate and preferably postgraduate)||Essential||CV / Supporting Statement / Interview / Presentation / testimonials / references|
|Experience in module design, curriculum development and quality assurance, using pedagogical research to develop the learning experience||Desirable||CV / Supporting Statement / Interview / Presentation|
|Experience or good understanding of the issues involved in transnational education||Desirable||Interview/ Supporting Statement/ Presentation|
|An emerging record of research experience in areas advertised, as evidenced by a record of publications comparative to the position and career history||Desirable||CV / Interview|
|A high degree of motivation within the discipline and a strong desire to work towards embedding a research culture||Essential||CV / Supporting Statement/ Interview|
|Experience in working co-operatively and flexibly with colleagues, including undertaking appropriate administrative responsibilities||Essential||Interview / Supporting Statement|
|Evidence of the ability to take an influential leadership role||Desirable||Interview / Supporting Statement|
Method of Application
Applicants are required to indicate as part of their application the subject areas they are capable of teaching and submit curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected], with the subject line: ‘Lecturer – Computer Science’ demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
Closing date: 12th March 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED