School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education. SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana. School for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
As an Organization being part of the umbrella of Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA), SfL works with other agencies to contribute to integrated programmes, and delivers results in education under the four-year (2020-2023) Empowerment for Life Programme funded by Danida.
- Reports to: Programme Director
Duration: 1st April 2021 to 31st December 2023 with possibility of extension
This position is a senior management level position. The position holder shall serve as a Technical Advisor/specialist and be responsible for developing education programmes in School for Life, especially in such areas as education policy, promoting equitable access to quality education, educational governance and accountability, innovative and participatory teaching and learning methodologies, complementary basic education and curriculum development and/or replication. He/she shall work closely with the field teams to implement education programmes and develop their capacity for practical roll-out of education activities. He/she shall also play a key role in research and evidence-based advocacy aimed at influencing education policy in Ghana.
- Develop, advise and monitor interventions on school governance, quality, access and equity in education, incl. support to field teams.
- Manage the curriculum development processes and periodically review all material supporting the pedagogy and methodology in the organization, and lead the development of participatory and innovative teaching and learning methodologies to improve quality education in beneficiary communities
- Conduct research and maintain a monitoring system that ensures adequate level of data to serve as evidence for advocacy and fundraising at regional, national and international levels.
- Keep track of developments in national and international educational policies and develop educational strategies, operational plans and activities, and further advice on their periodic refinement.
- Lead in the training and assessment of facilitators and volunteer teachers.
- Liaise and develop strategic partnerships with key stakeholders including the Ministry of Education, Ghana Education Service, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Master’s degree in education, development studies, social science, or other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- Candidates with additional qualifications in teacher training and pedagogical skills and approaches will have an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience in the NGO or CSO sector with focus on education development in Ghana, innovative teaching and learning methodologies, complementary basic education, education policy influencing and advocacy, research for advocacy, working with GES, MMDAs and other education stakeholders, and experience in training and facilitation.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and with over 10 years of experience in the above areas can also apply. Females are especially encouraged to apply.
Key Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Must be a strong team player
- Diligent and able to self-initiate
- High skills and knowledge in developing educational materials and training manuals
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Fluent in at least one of the local languages used in the program area
- High skills in ICT, Microsoft Suite, internet and the use of social media for communication
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants must obtain a soft copy of the application form from the School for Life website:
The completed application form together with a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter indicating the applicant’s motivation and commitment should be submitted through this link: https://app.pipefy.com/public/form/dIRH2BEE
DEADLINE : Not later than 5th March 2021 at 23.59H GMT.
Applications received after this time will not be processed.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED