- Company: Central University
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tema
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Database Application Developer
• A Database Application Developer with the responsibility to provide database and application solution strategy, technical design, architecture and support for carrying out the implementation of enterprise database application development. He must also have the ability to analyse data, find new ways to solve problems and have an aptitude for working with computer systems.
• He/she works with the leadership of the functional team in assessing requirements and providing technical assistance for architecting, executing and developing the right database architecture
• Responsible for designing, coding and implementing software solutions using modern techniques and Programming language
• Provides high-level database development assistance in creating specific applications for businesses Provides general support on information technology to design, develop, execute and maintain the database application system, applying several RDBMS
• Ensures research and innovation at all levels of the software development process
• Testing sample data-sets, to check that output from the programme works as intended
• Adapting the programme to new requirements, as necessary for conducting user-acceptance testing to ensure the programme can be used easily, quickly and accurately
• Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the programme by users and computer operators
• Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications.
• Applicants for this role need a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology or a related subject.
• Previous experience in a similar role, as well as additional certification where possible.
• Adequate skills in Database Analysis, Software Programming, SQL Server Reporting Services, Oracle and Microsoft Excel,
• 2+ years’ experience in web and software development
• Experience working with C++ or PHP or Python.
• Experience working with MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle
• Ability to apply an object-oriented programming language in creating applications
• Experience in creating rich user interface web designs
How to Apply
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s)and related work experience should submit: Employment application form (can be obtained from www.central.edu.gh or from the Human Resources Directorate, Miotso Campus) • Application Letter • Photocopies of academic and professional certificate • Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three (3) referees • A 2-page statement indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues to ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission to The Director, Human Resource Central University P.O. BOX 2305, Tema OR: Completed application forms should be submitted to the Human Resources Directorate, Central University, Miotso (near Dawhenya, off the Accra-. Aflao Road). For further inquiries; please call 0303-318-580 / 0302-935-687
Application Deadline: 28 February 2020.