Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Airswift Recruitment 2020.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country CFO, Tema
Location: Tema, Ghana
Reports To: Regional CFO
- Financial Controller
- Head, Head Office Accounting
- Head, Tax
- Head, IT
- Head, Risk Management & Internal Control
Keywords: Chief Financial Officer, CFO, Ghana, Accra, Tema, Finance, Building Materials, Construction, FMCG, Manufacturing, Industrial Finance, Senior Leadership, P&L, Management, Executive, Multinational, Airswift
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the activities of the Finance function.
- Provide Management with timely, complete and accurate financial information for business decision-making process.
- Provide overall oversight for all risk management activities within company and ensure that the full spectrum of business risks are identified, measured, monitored and controlled.
- Oversee the implementation of Group IT strategies, policies and frameworks locally and ensure that the IT department effectively supports the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Control & Governance
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Finance function’s operational strategy, work plans, programmes, systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with company’s strategy, goals and objectives.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of best practice financial activities supported by sound financial discipline in line with the Group’s finance policies.
- Ensure attendance at and full contribution to all local/ country Board and Executive team meetings, including Audit and Risk Committee, Remuneration Committee and other Board Committees as appropriate.
- Ensure the implementation of the Group’s risk management framework at the country level.
- Identify risks and financial implications of projects/ initiatives within company and advise the CEO accordingly.
Financial Analysis & Reporting and Tax
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information to aid management decision making.
- Oversee the effective reporting of monthly results, quarterly Board packs, quarterly forecasts, and quarterly reports to the Stock Exchange.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of company’s financial statements in line with relevant statutory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Manage company’s statutory reporting obligations on an accurate and timely basis including production of Annual Reports and Accounts, Half-Year Reports and
- Quarterly Reports, Shareholder Presentations and all banking obligations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all recommendations from the External Auditors’ Management Letters are adequately addressed.
- Oversee tax planning to optimise company’s tax position and ensure tax compliance accordingly.
Budgeting and Planning
- Ensure robust planning, budgeting and forecasting processes in company.
- External Relationships and Investor Relations
- Present company’s direction and performance to key stakeholders and to the investment community, providing accurate and relevant information.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with financial institutions such as banks, tax advisors, insurance brokers and local tax authorities (at the Federal and State levels).
- Manage the interface between company and external auditors.
Capital and Cash Management
- Proactively manage and monitor company’s cash-flows, ensure optimal cash management and implement best practice treasury management practices.
- Ensure optimal capital expenditure and working capital management for company and ensure the company has sufficient liquidity to meet its medium-term requirements and banking obligations.
- Articulate, develop and implement procedures and controls to ensure that company’s funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost.
- Ensure effective utilisation of the financial resources of company including achieving cost efficiency in line with its business objectives.
- Implement mechanisms to safeguard company’s liquid and fixed assets in line with the Group finance policies.
- Oversee the execution of the Group’s overall IT strategies in company and oversee the activities of the IT function.
- Review periodic reports of the IT function and ensure implementation of improvement recommendations.
- Demonstrate ownership of, and communicate the strategic direction of the Finance Function to the Finance Managers at each plant ensuring accurate understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Review and authorise key expenditures and financial transactions in line with company’s approved budget and Manual of Authority.
- Manage the human and material resources of the Finance function to optimise performance and enhance output.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership and strategic direction to the country finance team.
- Build a competent finance team facilitating knowledge transfer, providing capacity building, setting development plans, and motivating and coaching to improve overall performance.
- Provide periodic reports on the activities and performance of the Finance function.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO, company or country Board of Directors from time to time.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in any relevant discipline.
- Relevant professional accounting/ finance certification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA.
- Minimum of thirteen (13) years relevant experience with at least three (3) years in a senior management position.
Skills and Behaviours
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good understanding of macroeconomic indices and their impact on the business.
- Knowledge of world-class finance function operations and best practices in process improvement and internal controls.
- Advanced finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Good understanding of the foreign exchange operations and local tax regulations.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.
Note: You will not be asked to pay any money for this application. If anyone contacts you requesting money for inclusion in an application process, then please block & report them. A legitimate application process should never require you to pay to apply.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED