A reputable bank stocks a suitable candidate to fill the role of Head, Compliance/AMLRO.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To oversee the bank’s compliance with all financial regulatory and ethical standards with zero tolerance for infractions As AML CFT and KYC champion, to drive general awareness of money laundering schemes and equip all staff to detect and report suspicious activities
- Provide compliance advisory support and guidance for the Board and Management, ensuring they remain informed of regulatory best practices and their obligations
- Develop, implement and monitor control systems to deal with violations of internal and external regulations and regularly assess the efficiency of these preventive mechanisms Investigate all breaches and near breaches of required regulations and report as required
- Provide proactive regulatory guidance to business units and support functions, tracking laws regulations that might affect the bank and implement necessary changes Report on AML CFT and KYC and modification measures put in place to address lapses
- Oversee the timely submission of all statutory compliance reports to Management, Board, Bank of Ghana, Financial Intelligence Centre and other regulatory partners
- Review and monitor structure for internal reporting and investigation of suspicious transactions and external reporting to the Financial Intelligence Centre
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of first degree in Business Administration, preferably accounting or finance option A minimum of seven (7) years of working experience with three (3) years in the role of MLRO or Compliance Officer in a reputable bank or financial institution.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification is an advantage Demonstrated technical knowledge and expertise in corporate governance and financial regulatory issues High moral character with proven integrity
- Strong understanding of banking business and operations with considerable knowledge in local and international financial and other statutory regulations relevant to the banking industry
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters with a detailed CV via email to [email protected]
Closing date: Friday, July 24, 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED