About Lou Hyndman Edmonton Glenora Award
The Lou Hyndman-Edmonton Glenora Award is given to undergraduate students in the appropriate fields of study and is worth $20,000 over two years.
The award was created in 1986 to honor Lou Hyndman (’56 BA, ’59 LLB, ’99 LLD), a former university chancellor and alumnus of the Faculty of Law who was first elected to the Alberta legislature in 1967. When his party secured a majority in 1971, he was later named Government House Leader and Minister of Education.
Up until 1986, when he left politics and went back to practicing law, he served as both the provincial treasurer and the minister of federal and intergovernmental affairs.
As President of the Students’ Union at the University of Alberta in 1959, Lou Hyndman began his career in elected public service. From 1994 to 1998, he served as Chancellor of the University in a voluntary appointment position.
As Chancellor, Mr. Hyndman modeled his own dedication to improving the world by encouraging students to be well-rounded and involved in their coursework and extracurricular pursuits. He was named an Officer of the Order of Canada in 1993 as a result of his outstanding dedication to public and community service.
- Enrolled in the second to last year of study in one of the following undergraduate or professional degree programs at the University of Alberta:
- Anthropology, Business, Canadian Studies, Economics, Education, Geography, History, Law, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, or Women & Gender Studies
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a full-time course load over the most recent September to April period.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities through involvement and participation in university or community organizations, sports activities, and cultural or political activities.
How to Apply
- By submitting an application to the Undergraduate & Graduating Scholarship Competition in Bear Tracks.
- You will be required to provide contact information for reference. Be sure to choose someone who can speak, from their own experience, about one or more of the points that you have included in your scholarship application.
Closing Date Of Application:
The closing date for submission of the scholarship application is March 31, 2023.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterwards, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED