AngloGold ASHANTI IDUAPRIEM LIMITED
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI IDUAPRIEM LIMITED (a subsidiary of Anglo Gold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pit gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1,400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Geologist – GeoMetallurgy.
The Geologist – (GeoMetallurgy) is involved in an interdisciplinary field aimed at creating potential ore block models of the deposits that mine planners and metallurgists can use to design and run profitable mining operations. The incumbent major geologic contribution is defining the spatial variability of potential mineral resources so that planning and scheduling can accurately predict the economic performance and environmental impact of mining in time to respond efficiently to variations in ore type.
Collect and record mineral and processing analytical samples and data from test sites
Analyze geological and metallurgical data using software computer applications
• Advise managerial technical staff on the development of Geomet Models
• Develop and manage 3D geological models of GeoMetallurgy performance
• Develop data collection methodologies to feed into the models
• Develop and supervise monitoring processes to evaluate the accuracy of the models Understand the latest Equotip techniques for the characterization of mineralogy and supporting analytical techniques.
. Collect ore samples for laboratory analysis.
. Perform Geochemical mineralogical or microscopic examinations of rocks collected in the field or laboratory
•BSc in Geological Engineering, Geosciences or Earth Science.
• Minimum of two (2) years working experience in the field as a geologist either in open-pit operations, mining or both
Proven experience in data collection using modern Equotip technique instrument
• Ability to work under pressure with quality of work as a priority.
Advantageous to have used FUSION, ACQUIRE or similar Database and understand geological modeling packages.
Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
• Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
Mode of Application
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses no later than Friday, July 3, 2020.
1. The Senior Manager
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P.O. Box 283 Tarkwa
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED