AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited New Career Opportunity
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as: CHIEF VENTILATION ENGINEER
The incumbent will plan/engineer and co-ordinate the ventilation requirements for the mine in line with the established mine plans and Ghana Mining Regulations, ensuring AGAG provides an occupational environment which is conducive to good health, safety and productivity (through anticipation, monitoring, recognition, evaluation and control of factors that may cause adverse or dangerous conditions).
- Firstly, Develop functional ventilation processes for implementation and progress tracking including the:
- Establishment of suitable systems and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient implementation of the ventilation/occupational hygiene strategies and programs.
- Development of ventilation component of the MTS Management Operating System. Establishment of an integrated data capture and reporting system
- Secondly, Design and model life of mine (LOM) ventilation options in support of LOM mining plan (using Ventsim Visual)
- Thirdly, Manage ventilation projects (including shafts, raise-bore primary fan construction/refurbishment, Return Airway stripping, etc.) to optimize development of the Obuasi Mine envisaged in P300.
- Furthermore, Optimize short term, medium and long terms ventilation plans that ensure delivery of budget requirements and operations strategy
- Moreover, Develop and submit the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Ventilation Outputs
- Additionally, Manage the integrated delivery of work by the Ventilation function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, cost and related KPIs
- Then, Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture in ventilation and the MTS department regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Also, Identify the environmental aspects of all activities/areas of oversight responsibilities and provide appropriate mitigation measures.
- Besides that, Investigate, respond and take measures to prevent actual / potential environmental incidents in the areas of responsibility. Responsible for continuous environmental improvement in the areas of work.
- Thereafter, Provide the systems, resources and expertise to develop the Ventilation team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, LoM plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority
- Afterwards, Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining/Mechanical Engineering Certificate in Mine Environmental Control A post graduate certificate in Management/Management practice would be considered a strong asset.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of relevant ventilation engineering experience in underground mining environment with some exposure in occupational hygiene
- At least 5 years’ experience in the chief ventilation engineering role
- Ability to analyze and interprete ventilation data and the requisite ventilation methods for different stoping techniques
- Capable of analyze and interpreting data on environmental stressors
- Capable of developing ventilation design criteria to support safe and optimal mine operations.
- Capable of developing ventilation standard operating procedures Capable to carry out aero, thermo & contaminant modelling and interpret results
- A high level of computer literacy with specialized ventilation and mining software such as Ventism, Vuma, Studio 5D/Surpac, Autocad etc.
- A good understanding on blasting time and blasting scheduling.
- Blasting certificate
- Mine Rescue certificate
- Shiftboss certificate
- To begin with, Experience in Ventilation functional Management;
- Then, Demonstrate knowledge in the mining operations value chain
- Also, Demonstrate capacity to interpret data and successfully action sound tactical decisions
- Moreover, Commercial acumen relevant to the role
- Additionally, Good user of Ventilation Software (Ventsim/Vuma)
- More so, Safety (Advanced Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and so are available to achieve safety objectives
- Thereafter, MTS Processes & Practices (Advanced Application):
- Besides that, Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising performance.
- Most importantly, Knows when to engage Specialists support.
- Afterwards, Understanding of good ventilation practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- After that, Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Last but not least, Strong technical, leadership and problem-solving skills Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and report writing skills
- Finally, Ability and willingness to mentor and train junior and intermediate engineers
- Fostering a team environment Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development; Building Effective Working Relationships The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship:
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty:
- Creating Organizational Transformation Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives:
- Maximizing Performance Results-Solving Problems and Analyzing Issues, Driving for Results
- Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating.
- Taking Initiative, Championing Change,
- Establishing Stretch Goals
- Maximizing Performance Results –
- Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
How to Apply for this AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited New Career Opportunity
Interested Ghanaians should view the full adverts details on the company’s career page address below and submit applications, with detailed CV, online:
CLOSING DATE: 22ND JUNE, 2022
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED