At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next.
We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Accountant (Finance Specialist) plays a key role for the Africa Finance team. Reporting directly to Senior Finance Manager.
Ensures accurate accounting, in accordance with local accounting, IFRS and US reporting principles.
Accountant will be responsible for all accounting and tax matters and will be involved in building accounting processes in Ghana and other countries in Africa.
Essentially the role assumes support/backup of Accounting Manager (Chief Accountant) and Receivables accounting.
In this role, you will…
- Set up and ensures proper application of all necessary internal controls necessary to ensure integrity, accuracy and completeness of financial records,
- Provide an internal audit to ensure the compliance of internal policies and rules, including SOX compliance,
- Control and submit information on the status of settlements with debtors and creditors, banks and filing of tax returns in all subdivisions,
- Control and ensure accuracy of fixed assets and depreciation accounting,
- Prepare analysis and ensure accuracy in accounting of equity, liabilities and reconciliation of transactions across multiple data sources
- Control understanding and drive precision in application of marketing/discount policies,
- Prepares and submits annual and quarter reporting for management review and approval,
- Provides support of Align Africa financial and accounting activities in its entirety,
- Maintain proper records and documentation for all transactions to facilitate continuous improvements in all the elements necessary for a successful external/internal audit process.
Receivables accounting and control (partially):
- Ensure timely billing and invoicing of customers based on revenue recognition policies,
- Coordinate accuracy and compliance in receivables accounting,
- Track ageing of invoices to control outstanding and overdue receivables in order to minimize the risk exposure to AR provisions,
- Liaise with the Customer Success and Sales departments to resolve issues with customer payments
- Develop criteria to undertake due diligence for payment plan negotiations with customer for effective cashflow and credit risk management,
- Review contract terms and conditions to monitor customer credit limits and risk profiles,
- Review and continuously implement new procedures across credit control, payment terms, and AR management in line with US GAAP and Align Accounting Policies.
Financial accounts and reporting:
- Maintain accurate mapping and reconciliation between IFRS, Local Accounting principles, and US GAAP chart of accounts,
- Ensures monthly reporting according to US GAAP,
- Lead and provide support for all financial, tax and statutory reviews undertaken by local authorities,
- Supports the implementation of Global Corporate Policies as well as Accounting Treatment changes and US GAAP reporting,
- Support in ensuring accuracy in US GAAP to STAT and STAT to GAAP reporting
- Manage accuracy, and completeness of intercompany invoice billing and reporting in a timely manner
- Ensure posting of transaction from 1C into SAP corporate ERP system,
- Performs expense account and balance sheet reconciliation
- Prepare and submit account reconciliation in Blackline system for management review and approvals,
- Partner EMEA teams to complete transfer pricing studies and implement updates in ERP,
- Participate in finance related projects, particularly those related to ERP/systems transitions (for example, Concur, SAP),
- Coordinate relationship with the Accounts Payable (AP) Center of Excellence for accuracy in cost accounting and reporting
- Assist with Accounts Receivable (AR) tasks as may be required
- Other assigned duties when requested by management.
Relationships with others:
- Report directly to the Accounting Manager (Chief Accountant),
- Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders, AP Center of Excellence, AR accounting teams, Intercompany stakeholders and external customers/vendors,
- Liaise with tax authorities, government representatives, payroll/accounting company, tax consultants, internal and external auditors for Finance and Accounting related activities,
- Liaise with the HR department for payroll/personnel questions with Finance dependencies,
Liaise with counterparts in the HQ (San Jose, USA) and other EMEA entities to exchange information and implement best practices
In this role, you’ll need …
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required and Masters Degree will be a plus.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience.
- Membership in a professional accounting body (ACCA, CIMA, CPA) will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of local laws, IFRS, tax laws and US GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills, critical thinker and fast learning agility.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational, team management and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP, Power BI, or equivalent ERP systems
- Must pay attention to details and be skilled at being organized, producing accurate results, multitasking and able to work in a high-volume as well as fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to support all other departments within the company and coordinate training and information sessions
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the “Apply” link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family.
Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives.
Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect.
Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees.
As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees.
We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED