Purpose of assignment
AiBi is now seeking to recruit a trainer to undertake the development of a training module on child protection, alternative care system and family welfare for three selected officials of the Department of Social Welfare and Development, a Government statutory Agency under the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MoGCSP).
The Department of Social Welfare and Development promotes policy guidelines, standards and programmes for the efficient and effective delivery of social development services to the vulnerable and excluded individuals, groups and communities in collaboration with other stakeholders.
The purpose of the recruitment is to select an expert in child protection who will carry out a training to strengthen the essential knowledge, attitudes and skills of the officials of the Social Department on the following topics:
- National and international policy framework on child-wellbeing
- Child protection from all forms of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Identification of child abuse
- Family welfare
- Alternative care system
- Monitoring and reporting tools
- Core and cross-cutting competencies
- In this way, the responsible authorities may will the quality of their services and will be able to identify and address any gaps in children and family care.
Task of the trainer
- Conduct pre and post evaluation of the training to assess participants’ knowledge and preparation;
- Elaborate the training methodology/approach and develop the training content
- Develop and finalise the training agenda for the training based on number of days agreed and share for feedback
- Prepare and submit monitoring training reports with pictures of the participants in collaboration with the Activities Coordinator
- Write a final report of the service carried out
- Practice his/her profession ethically in accordance with the professional boundaries and regulatory frameworks of the relevant professional bodies
- Build effective relationships with trainings partecipants and other key partner organisations
- Undertake any other duties reasonable within the context of the role
- Ensure that deadlines are met
- Training: general methodology
During the training session, the trainer should interact and engage participants, use real-world examples, simulations, role-play and case studies to make the lessons interactive, engaging and demonstrative.
Check regularly if participants understand the content and recap each module before moving to the next one, exchange experiences and lessons learned.
At the end of each session, the trainer should request feedback to learn if adjustments should be made the following day and ensure that the participants sign the attendance register at the start and end of each session.
Training: objectives and specific methodology
A one-day course every 4 months, 4 days in total for three (3) officials of the Department of Social Welfare,
The training will consist of three modules, 4 sections:
First module: focus on the institutional framework in Ghana and abroad, with a specific reference to the Convention of 29 May 1993 on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (HCCH 1993 Adoption Convention) and Convention on the Rights of the Child.
European best practices in child protection will be analysed.
The first module will help local institutions to take a broader view of the issue and to make comparisons with the existing regulation in Ghana and consider possible changes and additions.
Second module: Case management, i.e. the process of dealing with children in vulnerable situations with the aim of ensuring and improving their protection. The module will cover the various steps of case management for children suspected of being abused (screening, identification, investigation, monitoring and case closure)
Third module: focus on the identification of foster families, their accompaniment and monitoring.
The training would enhance official’s preparation and confidence in carrying out their duties and tasks and contribute to improve, expand and develop services and practices. The course would also help to strengthen the coordination mechanisms among the child and family welfare agencies and to propose reforms of the existing laws and policies to conform them to the Child and Family Welfare system.
Participant improve their knowledge after training in child protection, children rights, case management, national and international legislation, identification in advance of abuse children, identification of children’s right violation situation.
- Course outline and contents;
- Training pack containing the materials of the three modules (such as PPT, test, supporting documents, attendance list);
- Pre, intermediate and post evaluation to assess participants’ knowledge, preparation, progress;
- Report referring to the training section carried out;
- Final report on the implementation of the tasks after finishing the training.
- The training modules and training materials should be submitted in soft copies to Ai.Bi, Don Bosco and VIS.
Time frame and Venue
- Training section: one-day course every four months, four days in total. One month on developing the training continent.
- Period: October 2021- December 2022.
- Greater Accra Region: Accra
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum university degree in Social Science, Law or other relevant field connecting with child protection ;
- Excellent knowledge of: domestic legislation and practices and the Ghanaian child welfare system: Children’s Act, 1998 (Act 560) and Children’s (Amendment) Act, 2016
- Provisions on foster care and the Foster Care Regulations, 2018.
- Excellent knowledge of the international policy framework on child protection and wellbeing: Convention of 29 May 1993 on Protection of Children and Co-operation in
- Respect of Intercountry Adoption (HCCH 1993 Adoption Convention) and Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Proven capacity to develop practical training guidelines and programme
- Eexperience in documentation, reporting and evaluation of training programs
- Demonstrated experiences in dealing with the issues of child protection, child and family welfare, human trafficking
- Good knowledge of Windows package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Some working experience with Government is a strong advantage
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit an updated CV in English (with a valid phone number, active e-mail address) and motivational letter by e-mail [email protected]
Closing Date: 30th October 2021
Only applicants with the essential requirements above mentioned will be contacted.
For only selected candidates: submit a draft of the methodology with a forecast of delivery of materials and first training section.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED