Agricultural Risk Management Specialist, TogetHER project Job at SOCODEVI
SOCODEVI contributes to improving the living conditions of communities by supporting the creation and strengthening of sustainable and inclusive cooperative or mutual companies.
- Position: Agricultural Risk Management Specialist, TogetHER project
- Experience Level: Senior Level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Location:Kumasi, Ghana
The TogetHER Project
The TogetHER Project aims to empower women and young adults (18-30 years old) in rural cocoa-producing communities in the Ashanti and Western North regions of Ghana. Training and support will encourage collective savings, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion while contributing to the sustainable resilience of the cocoa sector and the equal distribution of economic benefits and opportunities.
This project aims to reduce gender gaps in the cocoa sector and encourage resource flows at the community level so that cocoa cooperatives can become more inclusive, foster women and youth equal and effective participation, and truly sustain their empowerment.
Through this project, SOCODEVI is leading the way in transforming existing cooperatives to be more inclusive and resilient in collaboration with all levels of government in Ghana.
Reporting to the Project Director and working closely with the Principal Coordinator & Finance Specialist and the ARM team in SOCODEVI Head Office, the Agricultural Risk Management Specialist manages risk for producers by identifying, analyzing, and advising regarding decisions on various risks to which cooperatives/organizations and individual farmers are exposed (production, financial, market, human and institutional risks).
The successful candidate will work in partnership with Ghana Cocoa Board, the Department of Cooperatives, the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources/Forestry Commission, and the Ministry of Food and Agriculture to provide technical assistance to cooperatives to achieve the project targets which include but are not limited to;
- Analyze agricultural data and government agency reports to conduct risk assessments for clients to improve the resilience of agricultural households in the cocoa communities;
- Look at the impact that climate, pests, disease, ecological conditions, and other factors could have on crop production and develop risk management strategies to mitigate these risks;
- Find strategies to reduce financial and market risks within different value chains associated with cocoa agroforestry systems. Use software to create models to look at hedge effectiveness, trends, and price sensitivities for different scenarios;
- Develop, monitor, and communicate risk management strategies for cooperatives, farmers, and project partners;
- Develop weather forecasts and financial forecasts for farmers to aid in decision-making;
- Provide hedging strategy recommendations with varying risk tolerances;
- Monitor commodity prices and potential threats to prices.
Skills or Experience Required
- To begin with, a Master’s degree in agronomy, agricultural business, accounting, finance, or a related field is a base requirement. A master’s degree in business administration, risk management, or related field may be preferred;
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience and/or familiarity with environmental management systems, agricultural data management, farmers’ training, agroforestry practices, and GIS and other data management tools and systems would be an asset. Experience in the cocoa sector is an added advantage;
- Ability to communicate complex information in understandable and relevant terms adapted for different stakeholders, especially farmers, women, youth, small communities, and cooperatives;
- Proven project coordination skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize a diverse workload within a team;
- Demonstrated experience in adult training (andragogy) and participatory methodologies in rural contexts;
- Experience in gender mainstreaming and/or knowledge of gender equality would be an asset;
- Excellent command of English is essential. This position carries considerable responsibility and autonomy and requires good organizational capacity, good interpersonal and networking skills, and a willingness to work as part of a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially email communications;
- Advanced computer skills (Windows, MS Office, SharePoint).
HOW TO APPLY?
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume with 3 referees to: email@example.com
The title of your message must contain the job title and the Region of preference. We are committed to the principles of fair hiring. Only those selected for an interview will receive an acknowledgment of receipt.
SOCODEVI offers competitive compensation, a full range of benefits, and a great work team.
- Firstly, the one-year contract is renewable annually;
- Secondly, regular working hours: 8 hours a day from Monday through Friday, for a total of 40 hours/week;
- Thirdly, salary will be paid on a monthly basis (on the 30th day of the month);
- Also, 20 working days of annual leave per calendar year. The annual leave is earned at the rate of 1.67 days per month;
- Thirdly, periodic meetings could be held in Kumasi, Wiawso, or Accra;
- Last but not least, working during evenings and weekends might happen when necessary but shouldn’t be frequent.
At SOCODEVI, we recognize that promoting gender equality and a more inclusive world must apply as much to the communities targeted by our projects as to the people who implement them. We, therefore, work to ensure a healthy, respectful and safe work environment for everyone on our team and we act, as an organization, in a responsible, fair and equitable manner.
As with all our positions, we encourage women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities to apply. Your motivation and related experience can make all the difference, so don’t hesitate to apply!
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED