Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA aims to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. In support of the 2017-2021 strategy of AGRA and the Agricultural Transformation agenda of its 14 focus countries, AGRA’s Inclusive Finance strategy seeks to bridge the gap between, on the one hand, farmers and agro-SMEs that seek financial services, and on the other hand, providers and supporters of agricultural finance by:
- Providing technical support to country governments in developing and deploying blended finance facilities that grow the agricultural finance sector in their countries.
- Providing agro-SMEs with business development services that improve their access to appropriate financial services, while in parallel, catalyzing and promoting de-risking mechanisms such as value chain finance, guarantee mechanisms and challenge funds for providers of financial services.
- Providing smallholder farmers with access to appropriate financial products that make them more resilient, by accelerating the development and growth of digital financial products and branchless delivery mechanisms.
Reporting to the Regional Head for West Africa and the Head of Inclusive Finance Team (technically), the Program Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the Inclusive Finance strategy in West Africa (Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, and Togo) and for contributing to the Inclusive Finance team in furthering the development of its strategy, resources and interventions to make finance work for the agricultural transformation in Africa.
The Regional Program Officer is an exciting position within AGRA’s new Africa Food Trade and Resilience Initiative.
The Africa Food Trade and Resilience Initiative will include two primary strategic components:
- working with Government, business and civil society to stimulate Africa-specific solutions to improve the transparency and predictability of Governments’ interventions to unlock investment and regional trade;
- working directly with private companies that source, process, and trade food in the region, to maximize investment, coordination, and benefits to smallholder farmers.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on any of the positions above to read more and apply
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 10th August 2020.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED