When: 15 July – 16 August 2020
African Union Commission! Youth Division (HRST) The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a flagship continental
Youth Leadership program that recruits trains and deploys young African professionals from all 55 AU
Member States to serve as professional volunteers for a period of 12 months AU-YVC promotes volunteerism to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy, programs, and initiatives towards the realization of AU Agenda 2063 – Africa We Want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity, and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous, and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The concept is in line with the Decision of AU Head of States and Governments in Assembly/AU/Dec.274 (XVI) January 2010, to set up a Continental Volunteer initiative and to promote volunteerism as a means to empower young people and accelerate Africa’s development
The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2020/21 will be from the 01 – 31 July 2020
This year marks 10 years Anniversary of the AUYVC Program. Special consideration will be given to youth living with a disability
Applicants have to meet the following criteria
1. Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora
2 Aged between 18-35 years
3. Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET Bachelor’s, Master’s, etc)
4. Available in 2020/21 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for professional volunteer service
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State. 6. Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese
7. Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one-year professional work experience.
HOW TO APPLY
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY:
Disclaimer! Please note the African Union at no point charges or request facilitation fees to process applications!
To submit your application:
1. Create an account on the http://aucareers.org/portal.instructions and video tutorial available)
2. Fill out your personal information and the application form the following
3. Attach documents
Your updated professional CV (no longer than 3 pages) Bio page of your passport (or national ID)
Copy of your highest completed qualification (no transcripts)
Attach a letter of recommendation (not older than 2 years) attesting to your
leadership qualities 4. Attach your cover letter, In your cover letter please respond to the following questions:
Why do you want to become an African Union Youth Volunteer? • What makes you the best candidate for AU-YVC? What skills are you bringing to the AU-YVC and your host organization?
5. Review and submit your application before Friday, 31 July 2020 midnight
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered Only successful applicants will be contacted
• Providing incomplete or incorrect information is ground for immediate termination
1) 15 August – eligibility check.
2) 31 August – successful applicants will be notified.
3) November. Pre-deployment orientation training
4) 2020/21: Deployment of trained volunteers.
The African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of pre-deployment training and
subsequent volunteer deployment for successful candidates.
An African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following benefits & opportunities:
1) Unique opportunity to engage at highest continental policy and programs at the African Union
2) Network with Young African leaders from across the continent
3) Economy return ticket to the place of deployment
4) A monthly stipend to cover living expenses
5) Health insurance cover
6) AU Service Passport
7) Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months service
8) Training and mentorship opportunities
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED