Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peacebuilding, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance and Education programs.
POSITION: Human Resources Officer
You will help coordinate and support the execution of the Country Program (CP) HR strategy and operational plans in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will provide responsive, high quality service to address HR programs, services and operations needs in the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
· Provide support to the HR Manager in her responsibilities with regards to the overall management of HR programs and services in the CP.
· Help coordinate and support HR processes, activities, and service delivery, to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
· Assess service needs and provide quality process services and advice to support managers in their daily staff management responsibilities.
· Collect and organize input on HR processes and policies and participate in the review and update of various systems, manuals, guidelines, and tools.
· Support professional development needs assessment and help ensure the provision of precise development programs for CRS staff and partners.
· Perform assigned roles and responsibilities including management of employees, employment, the employee lifecycle, employee absence records, recruiting and onboarding in the CRS HRIS (Insight).
· Maintain record keeping through personnel files and the HRIS in adherence to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide support on analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
Required Languages – English. Must be able to communicate fluently in oral and in writing.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 5 %.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: HR Manager, CP leadership, All CP staff, RTA Human Resources (where appropriate).
External: Representatives of local government authorities, Peers from other NGOs in the country, Local legal counsel, Providers of HR-related services, CRS Partners
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration required. Additional relevant experience and completion of HR certification or courses may substitute for some education.
· Minimum of three years’ work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
· Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
HOW TO APPLY
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ emphasis on family values supports benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, the availability of a baby room at the office, and flexible working hours where possible.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED