Under the supervision of the Principal Accountant, the incumbent shall assist the Division in managing the financial resources of the Parliament in accordance with accounting principles and the financial regulations of the Community.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and review the work of the Accounting team under his supervision;
- Supervise the daily input of accounting data into the accounting system;
- Check and reconcile output data on payment vouchers to commitment orders;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements;
- Check the arithmetical accuracy of accounting data on payment vouchers;
- Supervise the preparation of cheques and cash pay-outs;
- Assist the Head of Division in the preparation of final accounts for external audit;
- Prepare financially and any other related memoranda for administrative purposes;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance from a recognized University.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting and budget;
- knowledge and technical competence in financial statements consolidation and ability to respond to internal/external audit queries;
- knowledge of cash management practices, policies and procedures, and the ability to make appropriate recommendations to improve their accuracy, security timeliness and efficiency;
- knowledge of various payment systems, banking terminologies, pension fund practices and relevant financial management processes and policies.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
- ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information, and resources;
- ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- contribute to maintaining the organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
CLIENT SERVICE ORIENTATION
- interpersonal skills with the ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
MULTICULTURAL SENSITIVITY AND ADVOCACY
- demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness, and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race, and religion;
- understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgment, tact, and diplomacy;
- ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
KNOWLEDGE OF ECOWAS
- knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes, and policies;
- knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services, and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges, and opportunities as it relates to project/programme assigned to own position.
ANALYTICAL AND CRITICAL THINKING
- ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends, and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance, and performance targets;
- knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions, and/or internal committees.
- demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means,
- exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions, and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION
- ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
The position is on Grade P3-1 with an Annual Salary of UA23,724, equivalent to US$37,432.
Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are open from 21 October to 19 December 2020.
Application is online. Applicants are kindly requested to apply by following the under-listed steps:
- Download the application form by clicking on the link in parentheses (JOB APPLICATION FORM), and fill it out correctly.
- Attach the completed application form, a curriculum vitae (CV) and a letter of motivation.
- APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED