ACCOUNTANT AT GSS
ACCOUNTANT AT GSS. The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
- The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented
and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service:
- Manipulate and present geographical information by developing programs to convert GIS information to other formats.
- Recreate geographical spaces using GIS techniques and remote sensing imagery.
- Integrate different geo-spatial data resources
- Analyze and integrate GIS data with other data sources to assess relationships across a wide range of socio-demographic, behavioral, spatial, environmental, and economic variables.
- To ensure that the Government of Ghana and Project funds received are applied in
accordance with applicable regulations and accounted for properly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare work plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Maintain a Fixed Assets Register.
- Provide accounting support to all assigned projects.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and resolve all audit queries.
- Process all transactions on the GIFMIS platform.
- At least a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- A member of a recognized professional accounting body CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA (Part qualified)
- Must have completed a one-year national service
- Must have at least two years’ work experience
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Use of tailor-made and generic accounting software.
- Presentation and reporting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Application of the Public Financial Management Act 2016 (Act 921), Internal Audit Agency Act 2003 (Act 658), and other relevant financial laws.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Via Email: [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The closing date of application is 18th April 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
For more job opportunities, CLICK HERE
- NGC KARIDA Agrosciences Ltd Job Recruitment
- Ministry of Trade and Industry GEPA agency recruitment
- GIZ Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- FARA Jobs For Consultants, Suppliers, Contractors and Service Providers
- Marie Stopes International Ghana Job Opportunity
- Job Vacancy at Fiaseman Rural Bank
- Cardno International Development Invites Job Applications
- KB Farms Exciting Career Opportunity
- Jumia Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Latest Job Recruitment at Worldreader
- African Union Calls For Job Applications
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Exciting Career Opportunities
- G-PAK Limited New Job Opportunities
- Tampico Beverages New Employment Opportunity
- Creative Associates International Job Available
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED