Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona, and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil.
Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Advising the company on all legal issues as well as ensuring that statutory meetings and board meetings are carried out in accordance with the provision of the company and allied matters act.
Key Responsibilities And Outputs
- Drafting of all contract agreements between the company and prospecting contractors in a manner to ensure strict compliance
- Giving a legal opinion on agreement presented to the company with the intention to create a legal relationship
- Ensuring that board meetings are organized with the strictest compliance to the company’s memo and Articles of Association.
- Directing the board on the provisions of the Companies and Allied Matters’ Act where the need arises during the meeting
- Ensuring that notices and agenda for the board meeting is prepared and sent to board members within the time
- Writing and developing board meetings
- Keeping the register of members
- Keeping the register of directors
- Ensure custody of the company seal
- Ensure that statutory meetings e.g. AGM is held with strict compliance to the provisions of the Company and Allied matters Act
- Ensure that statutory filings with the Corporate Affairs Commission are filled as and when due
- Acting as a bridge between the company and its external solicitors
- Acting as the bridge between the company and the police on issues involving the police
- Degree in Law (LLB)
- Experience as a member of the Bar Association (BA)
- Good knowledge of applicable laws
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Sound knowledge of English
- Swift response to issues of consequence
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 24 December 2021.
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in line with AB InBev’s employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED