5 OLDEST PRESIDENTS IN AFRICA
Though there are some young presidents in Africa and the world as a whole, there are also past and current old presidents in Africa. Some of these have passed their retirement age for workers. Here is a list of 5 Presidents in Africa who are governing even though they are older than 60 years.
LIST OF 5 OLDEST PRESIDENTS IN AFRICA
1. The first on the list is Beji Caid Essebsi
Beji Caid Essebsi is currently 96 years of age and was born on the 29th of November, 1926. He is the first freely elected president in Tunisia’s record books In 2014 when a regular presidential election was organized, he won and became the first President in that regard. Beji was, however, the Minister of Foreign Affairs from the year 1981 to 1986. In the world record, he is now the oldest president in Africa and the second in the world.
2. The second on the list is Paul Biya.
Paul Biya is currently the president of Cameroon. He has been the President from November 1982 to date. President Biya was born on the 13th of February, 1933. This means that Paul Biya is 89 years of age. In the world rank of oldest presidents, Paul Biya is the 7th on the list.
3. Abdulaziz Bouteflika of Algeria is the next on the list.
Abdulaziz Bouteflika was born on 2nd March 1937 and thus is 85 years of age. He has been the 5th President of Algeria since 1999. He was also the Minister of Affairs from the year 1963 to 1979. Abdulaziz also became the president of the United Nations General Assembly. Now in the record of Africa, he is counted as among the oldest presidents.
4. Next to the above is Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria.
Muhammadu Buhari is 80 years of age and was born in December 1942. Buhari becomes Nigeria’s democratic President in the year 2015 after his unsuccessful trials in the 2003 and 2011 General presidential elections. Previously, Buhari served as the Head of the Nation’s state from December 1983 to August 1985.
5. The last on the list is Nana Akuffo Addo.
Nana Addo is the current president of Ghana. He was born on the 29th of March 1944. He is now 78 years of age. In January 2017, he took over from President John Mahama after he had lost the presidential race twice in 2008 and 2012. Nana Addo previously was the Attorney General from the year 2001 to 2003, and a Minister of Foreign Affairs from the year 2003 to 2007.
It must be noted that these are not the only oldest presidents in Africa. There is more to this. Some of these presidents include Alassane Ouattara of Ivory Coast, Yoweri Museveni of Uganda, and Peter Mutharika of Malawi. These presidents, though old, have worked effectively and with much effort to ensure the success of their respective countries.
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED