5 MOST BIGGEST NATIONAL CATHEDRALS IN THE WORLD
There are several Cathedrals in the world. However, among these Cathedrals are large and beautiful ones. There are a lot of criteria used to determine how large or big a national Cathedral is. This article contains a list of 5 of the biggest Cathedrals in the world.
LIST OF BIGGEST NATIONAL CATHEDRALS IN THE WORLD
1. FIRSTLY, ST. PETER’S BASILIC CATHEDRAL
Peter’s Basilica is located in Vatican City. It is the first largest Cathedral in the world. St. Peter’s Basilica has an internal area of about 15160 meters and stretches over 186 meters in length. It is also the most important church for Roman Catholicism in Vatican City. The Cathedral was established in 320AD by Emperor Constantine. The Cathedral also harbors about 100 tombs, with a held door which is only opened on Holy year.
2. SECONDLY, THE SEVILLE CATHEDRAL
Also, The Seville Cathedral can be found in Seville City, Spain. It has an internal area of about 11520 meters. The Cathedral is also noted as one of the UNESCO world heritage sites in Spain and the second largest Cathedral in the world. The Cathedral was built between the years 1402 and 1528.
3. THIRDLY, THE CATHEDRAL OF SAINT JOHN THE DIVINE
This Cathedral is also the first and third largest Anglican Cathedral in New York City and the world respectively. It measures up to 11200 Square meters and has a length of 183. 2 meters. The Cathedral was constructed in the year 1892 and was finally designed by two famous Architects: George Heins and Christopher Grant Lafarge. One fact about the beauty of this Cathedral is that the main door is made of bronze and it is also decorated with 48 relief panels and 10000 pieces of colored stained glass windows.
4. NEXT IS THE MILAN CATHEDRAL
The Milan Cathedral is located in the Milan City of Italy. It is the fourth largest Cathedral in the world. It measures up to 10186 Square meters and has about 135 spires crowned with statues serving as a representation of significant people in the history of Italy. The Cathedral is large enough to accommodate 40000 worshipers. The Cathedral is beautiful and expects collections of paintings as well as sculptures.
5. Finally, LIVERPOOL CATHEDRAL
Lastly, Liverpool Cathedral. The name suggests the location. This Cathedral is located in Liverpool I’m the United Kingdom. It stretches to about 9687 Square meters and 189and 101 meters in length and height respectively. The Liverpool Cathedral is also referred to as the Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King. It is the largest Cathedral in the United Kingdom.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED