October 18th, 2023 at 04:54 am
2024 McGill Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
We are pleased to announce that applications for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program are now being accepted from appropriately qualified young leaders originating from Sub-Saharan Africa. The program’s primary objective is to provide its participants with extensive educational assistance.
The goal of the Scholars Program is to enable young people from Sub-Saharan Africa who are academically gifted and who have the potential to obtain a university education of world-class caliber and to provide them with complete support systems to assist them in achieving their goals.
Information regarding scholarships is available
Funded by: The Mastercard Foundation is the organization that underwrites these scholarships.
- Host: The University of McGill, located in Canada, will serve as the host institution.
- Scholarship Value: Waiver of Application Fees and/or Graduation Fees
- Study Level: Postgraduate is the level of study being undertaken here.
- Eligible Nationality: Africans are the only nationality that can apply for this position.
Regarding the programming:
One of the primary objectives of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is to cultivate a cadre of potential African leaders who are well-rounded academically and professionally and who, upon completion of their studies, will be able to go back to their home continent to contribute to the advancement of that area.
To achieve these goals, McGill provides Scholars with a comprehensive support system in addition to their studies. This system includes mentoring, individualized support services, chances to perform community service, and ongoing programming that is pertinent to the Scholars’ personal growth.
In addition, scholars receive supervision and financial support for two internships to be completed during their time spent studying in their home countries. The purpose of these internships is to maintain the Scholars’ connection with the countries in which they were educated and to pave the way for them to find meaningful employment after they graduate.
Criteria for Acceptance into the Program
In order to be eligible for consideration for the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, applicants are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Applicants need to be eligible to enroll in one of McGill University’s non-thesis programs in order to be considered for this scholarship.
- Applicants must not have ever been registered for or completed any graduate programs;
- Be a citizen of, and have your primary residence in, a country located in sub-Saharan Africa (see the list of countries eligible for citizenship below);
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Republic of the Congo
- São Tomé and Príncipe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- The Gambia
- Possess a current and valid passport in addition to meeting the criteria for admissibility to Canada as an international student (one who requires a study permit). Ineligible applicants include those who hold dual citizenship, asylum, refugee, or permanent resident status in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, or the European Union.
- Have an outstanding track record of volunteer work and extracurricular involvement at your school and/or in your community;
- Have the intention to immediately return to your nation after the completion of your degree with the purpose of bringing about a transformation in your society through the promotion of social and economic growth;
- Applicants must be younger than 35 years old at the time the application is submitted.
The application process and its steps
Guidelines for Submission:
In order to be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University, interested students must first submit an application for admission to one of the university’s programs that is eligible for the scholarship. After submitting an application for admission, applicants are then able to continue on to the next step of submitting an online application for the Mastercard Scholarship.
The deadline for submission of applications is December 1st, 2023.
Procedure for Application Step by Step
Assess Your Qualifications
McGill Graduate Programs: To confirm their eligibility to apply, prospective applicants should review both the departmental and general graduate entrance requirements. Make sure your degree satisfies the requirements for equivalence by checking this link: https://www.mcgill.ca/gradapplicants/how-to-apply/you-apply-mcgill/equivalency.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program’s eligibility requirements are available here.
Please be aware that admission to McGill University or eligibility for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is not guaranteed merely by meeting the minimal graduate admissions standards.
Forms for Applications
Graduate programs at McGill University: Start the application process; potential candidates should not pay for it yet; instead, finish all other requirements.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program: Fill out the application to be considered for scholarships and academic standing by submitting your application early. Applications that are complete and fulfill the minimal conditions for eligibility will be given consideration.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application Submission Deadline is December 1, 2023.
Applications are assessed at this stage, and applicants will hear back in a timely manner.
Application submission to McGill University
After passing the pre-screening stage, applicants will be contacted and offered a fee waiver; thereafter, they will be able to submit their application to McGill University for consideration for admission.
The application will be taken into consideration by the department after all of the necessary documents have been submitted in accordance with the established timeframes.
In the event that the applicant is accepted into their chosen course of study, the scholarship application will be reviewed by the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Selection Committee.
In the case that the candidate is not accepted into the program, the scholarship opportunity is no longer available to them.
It is possible that candidates who have been admitted to McGill University will not be awarded the scholarship, in which case they will need to locate alternate means of income.
In April of 2024, successful applicants will be contacted about their status in the McGill University Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program. This will occur only if they are selected to participate in the 2024 cohort of the program.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED