September 26th, 2023 at 02:52 am
2024-2025 Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships Application
Applications for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships 2024–2025 are now being accepted. We especially encourage women who are enrolled in post-graduate programs at world-class research institutes in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to apply.
A foundation dedicated to promoting science and technology education is the Schlumberger Foundation. Faculty for the Future, the flagship program of the Schlumberger Foundation, acknowledges the connection between science, technology, and socio-economic development as well as the critical role that education plays in helping people realize their full potential.
Specifics of the Future Fellowship at the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty
- Sponsor of Fellowship: Schlumberger Foundation
- Host Organization: Global Research Institutes
- Level of Study: PhD/Masters
- Country of origin: developing nations
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a woman and a resident of a developing nation or emerging market where women are underrepresented in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)*? If you have dual citizenship, with one of your citizenships being that of a developed nation, you are not eligible to apply.
Note: Should you receive a Faculty for the Future grant and subsequently become a citizen of a developed nation, the grant will cease to exist on the day of the extra citizenship.
- Are getting ready to embark on post-doctoral research or a PhD in a STEM field. Research at the master’s level is not funded by the Faculty for the Future initiative.
- Have been accepted, enrolled, or have applied to a host university or research institute overseas (applications that have not yet been submitted to a university are no longer accepted). If you’re applying for a sandwich course, the host university in another country or jointly (that is, not just the home university) must issue the final degree.
- Have a stellar academic record and are prepared to return to your home nation or region to support the socioeconomic development there after your studies are through;
- Have a track record of success as a teacher in your native country and be able to show that you are committed to returning home to
- work in academia or research in a STEM faculty position; ii) use your knowledge to start a STEM business and solve local problems;
- show leadership by joining the public sector and using your scientific background to help provide evidence-based support for STEM policy-making, including issues of gender representation;
- Is capable of exhibiting leadership qualities, engaging in community service, and having a history of promoting women and girls in STEM fields.
How to Submit an Application
Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can apply online for the Schlumberger Foundation 2024–2025 Faculty for the Future Fellowships. Kindly submit your application by following the guidelines provided below;
You can create an account on the official application portal if you are a New Applicant and you think you fulfill all the requirements for eligibility.
Use your login information to access the portal if you are a Renewal Applicant. September through November is when the application portal opens (yearly dates could vary).
The deadline for applications is November 10, 2023.
What You Need to Know About the Schlumberger Foundation
The Schlumberger Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that contributes to the advancement of academic programs in the fields of science and technology. Faculty for the Future is the flagship program of the Schlumberger Foundation, and it was established in recognition of the connection between advances in science and technology and overall socioeconomic growth, as well as the critical part that education plays in the process of bringing an individual’s potential to fruition.
Faculty for the Future
The long-term objective of the initiative is to hasten the process of achieving gender equality in STEM fields by fostering an environment that encourages more women to choose jobs in the sciences.
The initiative is dedicated to achieving gender equality in the scientific field. SLB acknowledges that full access to and participation in a STEM curriculum is necessary for the empowerment of women and girls and that this access must be provided without restriction.
Accelerating the progress toward gender equality in STEM fields is necessary in order to cultivate the skills and potential of these women for the good of their respective communities, regions, and the entire planet.
Fellowships are given out by the program for advanced STEM research at prestigious research institutions overseas. After completing their studies, Faculty for the Future Fellows are expected to return home and strengthen the STEM departments at their home universities as well as take the lead in science-based entrepreneurship. This will help advance economic, social, and technological advancements.
Support for STEM policy making
In the public sector, where their recently obtained scientific and technical expertise can help give evidence-based support for STEM policy making, including topics of gender representation, they are also expected to make a contribution.
These women are able to reach even greater potential because of this program. By virtue of their increased drive, heightened self-awareness, and enduring enthusiasm for science, they also inspire other women and girls to see scientific endeavors as vital to their own development and progress.
863 women from 90 countries have benefited from Faculty for the Future grants for Ph.D. and post-doctoral STEM research programs since the program’s inception in 2004.
The program gives these women a platform to work together to identify and remove barriers that prevent equal opportunities in STEM education and professions in their local communities and countries. These barriers are accomplished through interactive online tools and in-person sessions.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED