2023 Canada 150,000 Job List
There is important, major news for you if you intend to relocate to Canada. In the last several months, the nation has gained a record number of employment. And according to a Statistics Canada report, January alone saw an increase in employment of 150,000, significantly more than was anticipated. The unemployment rate remained constant at 5%, which is close to a record low.
According to the data, there were broad-based improvements during the fifth straight month of job growth, bringing the total number of employment gains since September to 326,000. The rate of job growth is quickening; the number of new employment in January was more than double what it was in December when there were only about 70,000.
The list of sectors that added the most jobs in 2023 is as follows:
- 651,335 people work in hospitals.
- 531,399 people work in full-service restaurants.
- 431,287 people are employed in supermarkets and food businesses.
- 402,477 people work in fast-food establishments.
- 321,838 people are employed in colleges and universities.
- There are 320,499 people employed in IT consulting in Canada.
- 278,186 people are employed in commercial banking.
- Engineering Services employs 195,828 people.
- 191,252 people are employed in janitorial services in Canada.
- 187,025 people work in pharmacies and drug stores across Canada.
(*IBISWorld released the list based on expert analysis and additional reports)
What is the Cause?
A welcoming immigration policy has contributed to Canada’s rapid population expansion, and survey data reveals that non-permanent residents, such as students and temporary workers, are seeing significant job growth. As the labor force grew by 153,000 people, or 0.7%, the labor force participation rate improved by 0.3 percentage points to 65.7%.
A record number of immigrants are also expected to arrive in Canada in the upcoming months. According to projections, Canada will likely accept close to 190,000 immigrants this year under the two immigration streams combined: Express Entry and PNP.
In 2025, this number is expected to increase to approximately 230,000 immigrants. As of January 31, there were 66,214 PNP applicants and 47,868 Express Entry applicants in line, according to the most recent information from IRCC.
- CANADA VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- TEMPORARY CANADA WORKING VISA FOR FOREIGN GUIDE, APPLICATION PROCESS & REQUIREMENTS
- CANADA WORKING HOLIDAY VISA REQUIREMENTS AND FAQS
- CANADA WORK VISA AND RESIDENCE PERMIT
- JOBS IN CANADA: FACTORY WORKERS NEEDED IN CANADA
- CANADA SUPER VISA COMPLETE GUIDE
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED